Adjectives people use to describe DnB tunes.

Surely a roller is obvious, though it's a little hard to put into words... anything that rolls just keeps going round and round right, like repeating itself over and over? So in a dnb sense, a roller is a tune where the beat and bassline keeps going with the same pattern, with nothing 'stopping' them, or nothing cutting the tune up. Kind of like there's no place where you could say the beat starts over.

To add to this, to me a roller is a track that is carried by its style and groove. It doesn't necessarily rely on ridiculous processing or unique ideas, it's the infectious simplicity that lets it roll effortlessly. With a true roller, you can listen to it on repeat for an hour even if it's essentially just a looped 8 bar phrase. A classic example is Spectrasoul - Alibi.

Whatever word I use to describe tunes doesn't necessarily have to make sense. In fact, it's best if it makes no sense.

Wayne Contakt can back me up on this. Just a few of my faves:

Humunnaaaaaaa bosh.
This one is a proper sack rumbler.
Hugh Hefty would approve.
Victoria Vibleton
Boshington central
Boshington stanley
BIGGER THAN CARA DELEVIGNE'S EYEBROWS
Vibington
Henchington stanley
Hefty blow to the nether regions
Hefty bosh off
Strong punch to the groin
Fenton
Absolutely heinous
Big spanker
Stompington stanley
Gull off
Gullington
Blessington bigley

i looollled

Love shouting these out at raves

This track is fuckin splendid

Dj's absolutly ravishing it

yo Henceforth!!

and finally

bish bash bosh chaps

- - - Updated - - -

definition of a roller in respect to music: A Roller makes your head go back and forth in a constant motion.

a roller for me is a track that makes you feel like your doing a roly poly at 50 degrees

Back
Top Bottom