DnB Adding white noise to the snare

greenflydnb

What's up (again)!

Sorry to post another question!! But how do I add white noise to the snare every time the snare sounds?

Danker schon :)

Theres different ways to go about but I tend to use Logics "ES P" but if you aint a logic user theres a lot of synthesizers that can produce white noise. Or just find a sample, cut it up and drag it to each snare hit. Rather simple ^^

Yes, "reverse" soundchaining, the noise gets louder everytime snare does.

Creating white noise is nothing to do with sidechaining. I have never used logic, but Im guessing the synths it comes with have a white noise oscillator.

Setup a white noise patch in the synth and then set a midi track to trigger it every time your snare plays.

You can use sidechaining to create movement within a white noise sound, but that's true for any sort of sound.

What i've done is simply use the ESP, and create a midi part every time the snare hits and added a bit of delay, made it a lot quieter so its not loud in the mix, makes the track fill out a lot more :). Respect for everyones help!!

Here is one way I do it.
Send your snares to a bus.
Send a channel that is playing constant white noise to that bus.
Get the levels correct then add a gate to that bus.
Bring up the threshold so that the white noise is inaudible whenever the snare is not playing.
Have a fast attack time, set the release to whatever you feel is right.
I like to automate the release time throughout the track to add a sense of movement.

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:20 ----------

I also need to note that when people refer to sidechaining they are commonly referring to sidechain compression which means that an external source is triggering the compression.
However sidechaining can be used to modulate different kinds of effects.
It is used in gates which is also called keying I think.
I use it in synths so that the external source can modulate a synth parameter such as pitch of an osc or resonance ect...

Be sure to add a touch of reverb to the white noise if you have added some to the snare.
I have heard a few tracks where people haven't done this and it sounds out of place.
You want the snare and the noise to sound as if they are played in the same space.
WIthout a touch of verb the white noise can sound too artificial.

Back
Top Bottom