Adding effects to whole drum loops in fl studio

Code:Red

Defiant
VIP Junglist
Hey, probably a very simple question to some of you, but I'm just wondering how to add effects to a whole drum pattern for a build up towards a drop, everyones been quite helpful on here in the past so I'm hoping you'll be able to with this question as well.
Thanks alot!

Yeah just set all your drum pattern hits to one mixer channel, then add the effects to that channel, thats what I do. if you need me to explain more let me know

Yeah just set all your drum pattern hits to one mixer channel, then add the effects to that channel, thats what I do. if you need me to explain more let me know

Ye i can understand that. I didn't really explain myself enough. What i was meant to say, Is how do you add a filter to the drum pattern so that it gradually builds up to the drop, If you can understand what i mean. Thanks

If you want the filter to work on every aspect of the drumloop (from the kicks to the hats) you do exactly what I said, load them all up into the same mixer channel, then throw a fruity free filter onto that channel. You then set that filter to hi or low pass. Right click on the frequency dial and create automation clip. You will then see the automation in your main screen (where you place the blocks of your tune). right click on the line to create a point, then drag it up or down. when the song plays through that point, the automation clip will tell that frequency dial to move automatically at that point, to the point which you set.

I may have lost you, I think I lost myself lol!

I only have fruity loops atm and it says that i'm not allowed to create an automation clip until i purchase the producer edition..=( oh well, thanks for your help anyway. Is there any other way around it? And from what you said mr fletch, from using that fruity free filter and setting the type of filter that i'd like to use, can you set it, so that the filter gradually changes from say, a high pass to a low pass?

^^ What he said^^

You would have to have both a high pass and low pass filter set on the same channel, and automate them in opposite directions so as one comes in, the other fades out.

Not sure why you cant create automation clips though? That sucks, and really limits what you can do! You should be able to create an automation of practically any dial or slider in FL!

What you should actually do is, go to an empty channel on the mixer, name it drum bus , then select lets say the kick on the mixer, when the kick channel is seleted, right click on the drum bus channel (where the arrow is under the volume slider) & select route to this channel only. Do this for each channel. Then you can add fx's to single hits & the whole drum group, without bouncing anything down :)

Also I never knew you couldn't use automation clips in the standard edition? Try using the event editor insted!

Last edited:
i have the same problem atm, want to put a highpass-filter on my drums...

i understand how to route all my kicks,snares&stuff to another channel (with an amount of 100%). the only problem is, that this new channel boosts the volume of all the channels which i route to it. when i turn the amount lower than 100% also the amount of the highpass-filter decreases.

anybody knows how to route different channels into another without boosting their volume? i just need the fx...

cheers

i have the same problem atm, want to put a highpass-filter on my drums...

i understand how to route all my kicks,snares&stuff to another channel (with an amount of 100%). the only problem is, that this new channel boosts the volume of all the channels which i route to it. when i turn the amount lower than 100% also the amount of the highpass-filter decreases.

anybody knows how to route different channels into another without boosting their volume? i just need the fx...

cheers

Sounds like you could be accidentally parrallel bussing? Make sure when routing a channel to another channel, that it isnt also routed to the master channel.

Back
Top Bottom