Addictive Drums 2 question

kernowdnb

Addictive Drums 2 is currently half price @ Plugin Boutique for anyone interested.

My question is what are the standard presets like? As they are also offering the XL version which features something like 6 extra add-on packs for an extra £70. Is this worth buying or is the standard sample-set ample?

Nice one!

Incredible piece of kit which a lot of the pros use. Which packs does the XL cover? because you will get more drum options with it. Well i dont just use the presets, only for quick sketches really. You wont be making dnb without tuning the snares and editing lots of the kit

They're actually offering 2 different expanded versions. "The Creative Collection" that comes with 6 kits selected by them :
  • 6 ADpaks (Fairfax Vol 1, Fairfax Vol 2, Black Velvet, Vintage Dry, Session Percussion, Reel Machines)
And the "Custom XL" which comes with 6 packs of your own choice from their entire range.

Both the same price.

Are there any particular packs that suit dnb really well? Or any other packs that people are feeling that I should choose? I've read that Current Value was responsible for creating the Reel Machines expansion so I'm considering that.

Nice one!

Sorry not at my studio comp. Theres one pack that has a good snare pitched all the way up but forgot which one, though most of them will sound good pitched up and edited a bit anyway. The individual kits would be good if you actually used real drum beats for programming and needed different sounds. the percussion ones are good though, just listen to the demos on the percussion one cause there 2 to choose which one

No worries man. The sale is running until 29th, so if you get chance between now and the end of tomorrow to have a glace at your packs let me know Gonna buy it tomorrow evening. In the mean time I'll check out these percussion packs

Thanks @kernowdnb for posting this.

No problem mate. From the bits I've read the "Creative Collection" is they way I'm gonna go. Includes the Black Velet expansion which I seen Break use in a tut. And includes Current Values Reel Machines as well. Alongside 4 others of their best selling expansions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom