Adam F Colours appreciation

duncan

Dug out Colours recently cos we can now listen to cd's at work, had forgotten how fucking amazing it is. What happened to Adam F's production skills? :confused:

Last edited:
Agreed, Colours is definately one of the most seminole DnB albums of all time. It is an album that is now heiled for the development (or at least influence) of the sounds of liquid Funk and Intelligent.

Clearly the album itself is not gained such popularity "as a one hit wonder" because most of the tunes are still very enjoyable to date. However one may question the integrity of Adam F's later works, as they seem pail in comparrison to such a legendary and influential album as "colours".

Despite how much i trully love this album, i still do not own it on vinyl. Considering the consistant and or growing demand for this album i would infer that a manditory repress should be in affect to satisfy those who never had a chance to own it on vinyl in the first place....

The reason why their later works are crap in comparison, is because once their masterpiece shot them into famedom, less was required of them to sell records, as their name alone is a selling point in its own right. This allows them to churn out loads of average tunes to make more money, rather than work on a few masterpieces, earn less money but get more recognision that they already have. Roni Size and Goldie are another two good examples of this.

goldie? id have to say hes not the most accomplished actor i ever heard of but imo everything the mans put out is straight gold. he hasnt made that many tunes neither. some people werent too pleased with saturnz return mainly because it wasnt timeless2 and that werid mother disc but horses for courses and all that malarky.

Last edited:
ah, remeber those days man!

Colours... that was wikkid!

I still play an old tape of that in my car

I've been listening to A Guy Called Gerald's Black Secret Technology. Equally ambitious, equally excellently produced. If you like Colours, give BST a go.

I was watching some BBC program about a SAS guy being hunted in Siberia by a team of other special forces guys and there was a long sequence where he had to cross some flat land at night (frozen). Nightvision + Metropolis playing in the background, um de dum, um de dum dum... bassline in the place to be.

Back
Top Bottom