Actraiser - Tomahawk - Deep, Dark Drumstep for fans of 'that' Marka tune :)

Actraiser

Hey all..

Just joined the forum. I'be been producing many styles for a long time now and am mostly known for my 140 Dubstep / Future Garage stuff, but I am now concentrating on D&B. I have a 7 track EP forthcoming on Offworld Recordings (clips will be up once it is mastered), and now I am completing my next batch of tunes.

First up I have Phantomile which is a deep 'liquid' style tune with ethereal vocals and warm bass.

The Big one though is my drumstep / half-step tune Tomahawk, which is dark and full of ethnic style sounds.. it's heavy and think people will be into it (I hope)

https://soundcloud.com/actraiser%2Ftomahawk-clip
https://soundcloud.com/actraiser%2Fphantomile-drum-bass-mix
So check them out and leave me some comments on soundcloud (or here) if you feel them.

Cheers

Last edited:

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Only listened to Tomahawk dude. Killer sounds!

You got the Marka snare sound absolutely perfect but did still give it a rather unique twist :D Love the other sounds in there, really smooth pads.

Killer tunes dude, will follow you on Soundcloud! Would be cool to get some feedback from you if you ever get a chance. :)

Also, I know you are new here and I don't wanna sound picky, but next post your new tracks in the "new talent" section of the forum :) You can get feedback and give feedback on other peoples tracks in there :D Cheers!

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Well now this is a pleasant surprise. Production-wise it sounds quite tight. "Phantomile" is a quite creative. Personally, I would love a bit more presence or definition with the snare/clap...but honestly, the levels all sound quite even.

Tomahawk is a dirty little thing. What I like most about it is how you continuously introduce new sounds, progressively making the tune more interesting. Moreso, it sounds very cohesive–not like you simply wrote a couple riffs and hoped they would fit together.

Nice work.