Achtung - Dyne. Lookin for some feedback!

It sounds like you need to work on mixing before mastering. The master does not fix bad mixes it just makes them louder.

Hey, man! I liked the intro on this one. I just love the sounds of choirs and cellos. May I say something? I think you can complement the sound with a bassoon (an octave up). I think bassoons combined with cellos have a more hollow sound.

I'm missing some punch on the drums, so you can try parallel compression on kick and snare. Also, I'd check out some frequencies, specially on the low end as it seems (to me) a bit cluttered. And attenuate a little that sound layered with the bass, as it is a bit harsh to the ears.

Great stuff man, thanks.
I find it's always hard to judge, when you're going for an aggressive sound how "harsh" to make that higher element of the main lead without it becoming obnoxious.
I'll definitely try that parallel compression on the drums.

This is sick yo!

Pad sounds absolutely fine, that for sure! haha
Remove obsessively loud bass from the intro. That's too much, especially that this is just the intro.
There's too much distortion on drums. Use better samples that already sound good, not those you WILL make sound good. They sound OK though, I think its the distortion that muddies them a lot.
Separately pan distorted sounds. You can create couple of different busses for distortions and clean up the mix by placing them left/right. You will also gain 'spacier' mixes.

That's it for now. Also, upload non-mastered tunes, so we can help you more efficiently

Thanks mate, good advice.
For my drums I mainly use a samples from Steven Slate Drums which are these awesome, clean acoustic recordings and process them from there.
I definitely find it hard to get the balance between just the right amount of distortion and too much.
I like distortion.

Back
Top Bottom