access virus ti polar?

vexx

luckily i've come into a bit of money, enough for one of these.
i've always loved the idea of having one but is it really worth it?

cheers!

i am also very interested in this synth, basically because i know ulterior motive and alix perez use them heavily. they seem really quality and i'd love to see an in depth look at them from a dnb point of view.

It's a good synth. I say go for it if you want, and if you don't like it you can always sell it. It's a lot more fun to fiddle around with than soft synths too.

See if you can find a store with one in stock that you can have a play with, lot of money to spend without knowing if you'll get on with it.

Dont get one because "so and so has one", getting a Ferrari won't make you drive like Schumacher.

Id love one, apparently the fxs and overdrives are to die for, it just must have a quality modulation or something.
The only reason i hesitate so much on it is that its just a soft synth with a pimp controller pretty much. They look so sleek and pretty

i actually emailed access to find out if they had any plans to release any soft-synth equivalents of a virus ti but i got a prompt "nah" from them. they have some weird thing called the "virus powercore" but i can't find that much on it. i guess they wanna keep selling these things at the price they do than put it on a CD and sell it for 250 bucks or something...

easily the tastiest synth about at the moment, cant go wrong! its one of the few bits of hardware i'd love to own, the sound is just FAT, warm, filthy and twisted

Id love one, apparently the fxs and overdrives are to die for, it just must have a quality modulation or something.
The only reason i hesitate so much on it is that its just a soft synth with a pimp controller pretty much. They look so sleek and pretty

this is whats stopping me getting one too

i actually emailed access to find out if they had any plans to release any soft-synth equivalents of a virus ti but i got a prompt "nah" from them. they have some weird thing called the "virus powercore" but i can't find that much on it. i guess they wanna keep selling these things at the price they do than put it on a CD and sell it for 250 bucks or something...

Virus Powercore is a VST/AU version that runs on TC Electronics Powercore processor. Its a rackmounted DSP unit that hosts plug-ins and connects to your computer via firewire, saving your CPU some work.

Virus Plugin

saying a ti is a pimp au/vst basically may be true...but if you had an a couple of instances of a ti (if a plugin existed) with stacked hypersaws/chorus's fx reverbs it would eat your computer cpu to bits. I tried emperers minimal bass "massive plugin" preset he posted here an it basically maxed out my puter by itself. the ti can also be your main soundcard, & controller so take that into account. And if you dont like it (which i doubt) the reasale on them is very good. add to that the continual upgardes virus make ...new effects new routings, people designing soundsets. They really are brilliant, wont be selling mine unless its to upgrade...when you get it vexx, load up the "double d bass" and tweak away.

virus is fun, you still have to know how to make a tune tho, wont be getting results out of it you dont get out of softsynth if you dont know what youre doing imo.

@felun: get a new pc, i can easily run 5 to 10 instances of massive with fx chains on top and poly on.

yeah ive upgraded last week, i heard others saying that preset had the same effect on their puters. Just saying its very powerfull. As usual you do need to know synth basics. But after that its very easy to use.

^^^

thats due to you following his tutorial too much. putting up polyphony up to 15 or something like that wont give you much more than 3 or 4 - but will use mass amounts of your cpu.
bouncing to audio will help aswell, with the sound and your cpu ;)

yes groelle, was really only an example..that it can make powerfull/thick/unisonsounds, with many channels without taxing your cpu or bouncing.

i don't really understand, is that vst an actual recreation of a virus synth in softsynth form that you can run just like any other synth eg. massive? what is a "powercore system"?

Back
Top Bottom