Academic Research on SoundCloud Mobile app User Experience

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by kiranote, Dec 21, 2015.

1. kiranote

kiranote New Member

Hi everybody,

I am currently attending a MSc in IT and I am seeking participants for our survey regarding User Experience with SoundCloud mobile app.

I am a massive lover of electronic music and I obviously use SoundCloud to get soundtracks wich I like. I decided to conduct a UX Evaluation on the app because I literally use it anywhere at any time, therefore I am interested on uncover issues and find ways to improve it. But now I need as many user experiences as possible.

I know you might be busy and want to enjoy your Christmas holiday without filling forms in of some random strangers, but your help would be really appreciated. It will take about 10/15 minutes to complete it all. The most of the questions are open so that participants can freely express their opinions.

If you will ever come to Brighton (UK), in change I promise you the best nights out in the best clubs as well as some unforgettable Italian company (and food).

Here is the link of the survey (it has been edited with Google Forms):

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KfDvpk03kTj167p92EUDAsUfDRxBrW07qvK1Nv26Z4U/viewform?usp=send_form

Thank you very much for your support,

take care (and have a nice Christmas, of course)

Luca

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

couldn't say, as they still don't have a windows mobile app.

pfft

3. kiranote

kiranote New Member

Yeah i know. Thanks anyway for having a look at it. I'll mention that in the report. Justice will be done ;)

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Soundcloud use to be so good. What the fuck happen?

5. kiranote

kiranote New Member

Basically soundcloud decided to make the mobile app lighter in terms of functions and said they will release an app for artist in order to provide the same functions of the web version. To be honest i don't understand their decision as soundcloud was born specifically as a platform for sharing ideas and discuss with peers. However a lighter app, which basically works as a simple music streaming service might attract a different kind of audience who is only interested in listening to music rather than commenting and giving feedback. They are probably trying to provide the same service as other commercial music services (spotify, iTunes, etc). The scope of our research is to understand how this decision affects old users and new potential users.

6. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

It's the Spotify era, Ivan (russian name). They don't care about the content providers anymore. They care about big artists with tracks reposted by bots that will follow you so you hit the "follow" button and get your channel swarmed by house (@Brex?) and trap remixes of Britney Spears' "Toxic".

Dannyboy93 likes this.