Absynth 3 for bass

Eridu

How much of you use this synth? I`ve been trying to create some dnb type of bass and have been getting mixed results.

I used version 2 a while back, it is really hard to get to know to but I think the results can be quite satisfying once you know what you are doing. I was satisfied, then I decided not to use warezed software... It just wasn't good enough to buy for me FWIW.

Better for pads and leads and evolving soundscapes, not so much for bass. Wouldn't know about the latest version though, but knowing the update history with NI, it probably has little new.

Its the only synth that`s a bit more complex that I actually took the time to study.
The good thing about it that it gives a lot of freedom to do what you want but the trick is that you really have to know what you want.

I have a bit of a complicated question for you guys... How much of you use Fm synths? My understanding of synthesis as far as dnb goes is the more complex the waveform the more the filter has to work with. So following that logic, FM would probably be used a lot for its ability to create waves with a lot of harmonics.
Or is distortion the answer?

one of the best soft synths on the market...
64 stage envelopes are amazing...
recomend NI Absynth 3 tutorial DVD...
interesting...

I did a tune called 'the shining'

All the basses (including the sub) and the rising drone sound too were done wholly in Absynth 3,

www.myspace.com/louisgsounds

Feedback more than welcome,

I personally like absynth 3 for its ability to resample (and sample for that matter)

I don't like the way it seems to get hanging notes a lot of the time (hmm whats that constant drone in the background - oh yes absynth is stuck again)

good job it has a panic button!

let me know if you wanna trade patches,

G

Back
Top Bottom