Absolute newbie to Production, Reason etc, Help needed!

ZackMRG

Circles are Pointless
VIP Junglist
I've recently bought a notebook off one of my mates and its got a copy of Reason on it, always wanted to try and get into the production side of things but looking through it all it all seems a bit overwhelming and I haven't got a clue where to start.

I've looked on youtube on how to create a basic drum loop for starters but its either for Hip Hop beats, or using termanology that I don't understand, so does anybody know of any websites, videos or have an personal info on whats best to get yourself started with Reason?

Any help would massively be appreciated :D

on redrum
put ur kicks on 1 and 11
and your snares on 5 and 13
hi hats can vary
set bpm to 170-180

thats a basic structure for a basic beat try looking at
more videos from it on his page

Last edited by a moderator:
dude if you have reason go to boyinaband.com
he does full reason dnb tutorials - called 7 day tutorials.
each day he shows you how to make part of a dnb tune - day 1 drums, day 2 bass etc.
follow them and you will pick up loads on how to use reason

edit - ignore me Marlok has posted one of them vids lol

boyinaband.com is absolutely the best resource you'll ever find for reason. he's done a '7 day song' tutorial for 4 different styles of drum & bass (drum & bass, darkstep, liquid & jump up) and he's covered virtually every other big genre you can think of too. he's a genius.

that's basically where I started off producing back in 2010, when I used reason. I learned so much in such a short time.

^^^^^^^^^boy in a band^^^^^^^^^^ it is the best tutorial you'll get for dnb

Back
Top Bottom