ABLETON

zenzien

ABLETON USERS can you make a nice bassline just using ableton live i been going at it for a while and i cant get the bassline i want , or do all of you use massive for basslines i use simpler for my basslines ???

uhhh.. yes. i mean, using massive in ableton is still using ableton. but i make 99% of my basslines in operator, analog is nice too, both perfectly capable synths.

also are you asking if you use simpler for basslines im not sure if anyone can answer that lol.

just gotta practice man, it aint what you use its how you use it. rule to fucking live by.

Do you have the native synths that come in Abe, as Dexter mentioned? If so you should be good to go with Simpler or Sampler.

Personally though, I use the Virus to create the sound and then bring it into a sampler. But I tend to prefer the Emu X3 at the minute, as it gives me a lot more control over my samples. But that's just me...A lot of people are using Kontact as their main sampler.

Operator is perfectly capable of making nice basslines

and I use sampler/simpler for bass lines too but that involves sampling bass and not creating it yourself which some people will not agree to

Operator is perfectly capable of making nice basslines

and I use sampler/simpler for bass lines too but that involves sampling bass and not creating it yourself which some people will not agree to

I know what you mean, but I presume that most people will create their own bass lines with their preferred synth and then jam it into a sampler so they can mangle it up in a way that a synth can't.

I only use Abletons synths now, they are PHAT, you can easily create a Massive style instrument if you understand grouping and routing properly (Stack up a few Operators/Analogs and FX), theres no need for VST's anymore, even Massive.....and its way more powerful, imagine having 8 sidechained Filters across 8 diffrent OSC's, YUUUMMMMMM sex wee etc

Last edited:
check my soundcloud (in sig, including free tracks)... all b-lines made in operator (one or two maybe in simpler/sampler)

Speaking of Operator and even though I own Ableton...I never actually purchased any of their native synths. Most of the time I just use my Virus, (I've kinda' gone off Massive to be honest) but I think I'll pick up a copy of Operator at some point, as I really it's sound and you can do with it - Best of both worlds. :)

Back
Top Bottom