Ableton Project folders question??

Discussion in 'Production' started by Mr Fletch, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

So since I've had ableton, every time I save a set it automatically saves them all into one project folder. I want to create a new folder for my different projects so they dont get all messed up, and so I can send them over to my friend who is collabing with me.

Trouble is, I've read the manual, trawled youtube and google to find out how to create a new project folder and cant find the answer anywhere! I'm guessing it's just something simple that I'm overlooking.......is it?

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

First 'Save As', this will create a new directory, then Collect All and Save

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Ive tried that mate, still no joy. All it's doing is saving the file as another ableton set in the same project folder. I want to create a whole new project folder, with all the samples and midi in the project.

4. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

you need to save it outside the project folder, so in the file dialog, use the folder navigation to get to the root of the folder that your projects are stored in, type in the name of the project, and it should create a new folder with the same name as the project