Ableton problem...

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist
Guys maybe somebody here knows an answer.. I have been working with Ableton last week, and now I export and I conclude that in my 10 sec export, one of the kicks is missing... So I checked back in Ableton and the kick is there, it plays fine, but it's just not there in the export. I redid the export and the kick is now in the exported wav file, but I did realize that Ableton is acting a little strange. Sometimes it just seems to not have enough time to process a sound before the sound has to be played, resulting in the sound not playing. I had it happening to several tracks now, my kicks, my snares and my bass channel. The only reason I could come up with is this little plugin called the Voxengo AF Tape Bus, which all the channels use. Anyone had some similar problems with this particular plugin?

So basically I might want to see if the plugin is the one causing this, so if anyone knows a good tape emulation plugin to replace the Voxengo Tape Bus with that would be great!

hmm...never had that happen mate, but I dont use that plugin. But I have used Voxengo Boogex without any problems....

Have you tried freezing the channels to see if that helps?

Hmmm I might try that... I just took the plugin off and it seems to be gone, then I turned it back on and still the problem is gone... Hmmmmm.. Right, think I need to go out and light the blowtorch. :spliff:

Best way to deal with temperamental plug-ins in Ableton, whether they crash or behave unexpectedly:

1. Duplicate the track
2. Freeze the copy of the track
3. Flatten the frozen track
4. Mute the original track, but keep it in case you need to change any parameters

I end up doing this a lot when I'm running out of CPU, or want the same a constant effect, say with a glitch processor which uses random values, or when plug-ins have a tendancy to crash.

have u updated to 8.2.6? i seem to remeber reading a bug fix relating to some channels exporting silence with certain plugins

Back
Top Bottom