ableton problem - samples are missing?!

Krispy

VIP Junglist
When I first open Ableton it says at the bottom in orange "Samples are missing. Click here to learn more."

So when I click there and the missing files window comes up on the side there is nothing there!
So what the hell is missing ABLETON!!!!!!!!

Anyone got any ideas?

you will be opening a project file, and some or all of the samples you used, have been moved from the place they were when you made the project, if you know what i mean, its annoying, you cant move your samples around too easily with albeton

yeah, this is quite annoying! i find though once i point ableton in the right direction of the missing files it normally auto-searches the rest!

also, if you know where your sample is, you can drag it onto the timeline where that missing sample is (usualy denoted by a transparent track) and it will replace it (keeping all your automation and the like intact)

yeah, this is quite annoying! i find though once i point ableton in the right direction of the missing files it normally auto-searches the rest!

also, if you know where your sample is, you can drag it onto the timeline where that missing sample is (usualy denoted by a transparent track) and it will replace it (keeping all your automation and the like intact)

I think Krispy is already aware of this, but the problem lies with the fact that there are no items listed in the pane informing them that samples are missing.

Are there any clips in arrange or clip view that are "clear" or "white"?

I've never had this particular thing happen before. I've had missing files plenty of times, usually just locating and dragging the files in sorts this out without any problems. :S

I've never had this particular thing happen before. I've had missing files plenty of times, usually just locating and dragging the files in sorts this out without any problems. :S

thats what i meant by...

I haven't noticed any missing files is the thing

But when I get home I am gonna look real hard........ I dont remember moving any files ...

ah, do you mean some of the samples that some of the instruments use rather than samples you have fropped in yourself then? i had this too... just reinstalled the offending instrument!

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

oh yeah, and it was something as stupid as renaming a folder without thinking that caused the missing link!

To be honest richie I have no idea what was missing... As far as I could tell nothing was missing and that's what was so frustrating..

you could of took something cut it up..then deleted what ever it was you cut up..so now the main file to the cut up one is no longer there..so it will no longer run that sample in the track unless you find it and relocte it.. or you could have a sample missing in your drum rack you could of accidently deleted..but it sould tell you what samples are missing ..then find them..it should show the name of the sample lost..and you instruments or vsts shouldnt just loose samples..so it must be something you did..

Back
Top Bottom