Ableton playback random detuning - advice please

Dan JJJJJJ

Hey peeps...

Having a really annoying issue with Ableton. Basslines / synths / any midi track that has modulation just randomly detunes during playback. It is so frustrating. Mainly seems to happen when pitch bend is used. Everything is fine for a bit, then things go off. Restart and everything could be fine or it could be off.

Any ideas??

Probably not going to be much help at all since I have no idea how the flow works in Ableton, but in FL at least it can be quite easy to overlap automation clips for the same modulator and confuse the DAW, or if you try to edit automation clips while the audio is playing the modulation will often stop until you restart the audio. Can you see the position of the pitch bend and compare it against the automation clip as it's running? That would be the first place I'd look anyway :)

It's just where the pitch hasn't been reset back to 0 after being automated if you play and pause a bit if your song with automaton back on zero it should reset, or by actually clicking the stop button on the bar at the top

Thanks guys. That was giving me murders - especially as I was working with a lightly out of "normal range" sampler. Seems to have cleared up now and my ears are the only prob. Lol

Back
Top Bottom