Ableton Live

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Ian_x, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Ian_x

Ian_x Member

Want to take up Djing again (which I think I mentioned in other posts) and weighing up various options. Sold a lot of my vinyl years and years ago so just left with the MP3s I have been buying. Obviously I can burn Cds but really cant afford to buy CDJs to practise so was wondering about Ableton. I hear lot of the techno djs are using it and it looks like it has a lot of exciting features for making your own edits of tracks etc

Is anyone using it at home or to play out? How are you finding it? I realise it might take a lot of the 'art' of djing out but its seems it can introduce a lot of other skills instead?

Cheers

2. smaur

smaur bacon

I've used Ableton to make mixes before, and you can do some really nice stuff with it. But if you're looking at performing with it, I prefer Traktor Pro and a midi controller.

I can't afford to buy vinyl any more, neither do I want to carry it around. I'm most definitely not spending in excess of £1000 to buy CDJ's so software is the one for me!

Have a look in to Traktor Pro :) Oh and enjoy doing some new stuff with your mixes.

Also - inb4 vinyl purists getting angry and crying because people want to use different formats.

3. Ian_x

Ian_x Member

Cheers man, will look into tractor.