Ableton Live - Yay or Nay?

Maxg

The Core
I know a few people on here use it, and the quality of their tunes are bang on (e.g. richie stix)
But i'd like people views on it - Good or Bad.

I've demo'd a few other DAW's but none seem to come close in the user-frendliness stakes.

First impressions with Live is that it doesn't seem to have the "hardcore" edge of others like Sonar and Logic (which have impressive bundled synths like z3ta+ and ES1/ES2)

I know a few people on here use it, and the quality of their tunes are bang on (e.g. richie stix)
But i'd like people views on it - Good or Bad.

I've demo'd a few other DAW's but none seem to come close in the user-frendliness stakes.

First impressions with Live is that it doesn't seem to have the "hardcore" edge of others like Sonar and Logic (which have impressive bundled synths like z3ta+ and ES1/ES2)

i rele dont think it matters what DAW you create your beats on..
all software will has its pros and cons.
I use ableton and Logic and there both excellent for different reasons.
whatever one you use learn it really well.. and you will be pretty limitless.

:)

If your intention is to play live, and to create lots of ideas in no time, Live is the best DAW out there: it has been created to allow an incredibly fast and "tactile" production...

If you prefer the more traditional approach of non-live daws, my suggestion would be to buy the non-commercial version of Reaper: it costs peanuts and it is an absolute wonder...

I absolutely adore Ableton Live, for both live and non-live situations. Just knock up a tune really fast, and then throw it straight into a mix to see how it works. Got a tune that you want to beef up with a beat and bassline? Not a problem. Cutting/looping is a doddle, and the workflow is incredibly fast.

im a big ableton fan also...and as for the edge factor...as long as you've got the time and patience to sit down and tweak away and use allsorts of toys and shit for it you can pretty much create any sound you want...im a bigggg fan of analog if im honest :P
id well recommend live to anybody that asked :D (y)

Ive had a bash a few times and can't get used to it at all, been using pro tools for so long the different interface confuses me. Need to have a propper browse at it, dont like not being familiar with programs...

ableton is big.

i use FL studio but have ableton and was moving towards it but dont really have the time for production anymore. imo it smashes cubase/reason etc

i use ableton and haven't really had one problem its so easy to use, it doesn't have any fancy dancy vsts or anything its just a good solid DAW that's easy to use and can be easily be rewired with reason or FL. fast to as indi said once u know whats whats

Back
Top Bottom