Dubstep [Ableton Live] How to Make A Dubstep Bass Drop ?

ShankParade

Hello, Everyone, I'm ShankParade off of the Gearslutz forum, i had to leave, because everyone would troll my avatar. Anyway, this thread will be more of a brainstorm of ideas from different members. Together we all can have new techniques on making a dubstep drop. I have been influenced by artists like, Skrillex, Noisia,Zedd, and Porter Robinson. My Question is, is how do these artists can quickly manipulate the timing of a sound like a wobble or a growl, and make it sound professional. I Use ableton live, i love ableton live. However It is more easier to make a drum loop in Fl Studio. So with that being said, what are some techniques i can use to make a noisia or skrillex type bass drop ?

Dude if we knew how to make sounds like Noisia, do you think we'd be sitting here typing away our secrets on an internet forum? no!

It's all trial and error.... I'm guessing you want the modern talking oscillator in massive, with a formant filter, running through the scream filter with some resonance, voicing on legato triller, unison up to about 8, and the time dial from the osc tab turned up about 3/4's, then draw a pitchbend into your piano roll.

But then again, if you find it difficult to write beats in Ableton.....I'm gonna also guess that you dont have a clue what I'm talking about?

Dude if we knew how to make sounds like Noisia, do you think we'd be sitting here typing away our secrets on an internet forum? no!

It's all trial and error.... I'm guessing you want the modern talking oscillator in massive, with a formant filter, running through the scream filter with some resonance, voicing on legato triller, unison up to about 8, and the time dial from the osc tab turned up about 3/4's, then draw a pitchbend into your piano roll.

But then again, if you find it difficult to write beats in Ableton.....I'm gonna also guess that you dont have a clue what I'm talking about?

Hahaa quality post mate.. :D

I know exactly what your talking about, but that still doesn't answer my question. I know all of that, It just how to get a drop balance well with the drums.

What exactly are you asking here? "how to get a drop balance well with drums" ? Do you mean EQ? Sound design? Structure?

Being extremely vague with your posts, and being a complete fucktard to people trying to work out what you want isn't gonna get you anywhere! I'm starting to understand why the folk on the gearsluts forum made fun of you!

Maybe you should head over to www.dubstepforum.com, I hear they're a helpful bunch over there.....

Hello, Everyone, I'm ShankParade off of the Gearslutz forum, i had to leave, because everyone would troll my avatar. Anyway, this thread will be more of a brainstorm of ideas from different members. Together we all can have new techniques on making a dubstep drop. I have been influenced by artists like, Skrillex, Noisia,Zedd, and Porter Robinson. My Question is, is how do these artists can quickly manipulate the timing of a sound like a wobble or a growl, and make it sound professional. I Use ableton live, i love ableton live. However It is more easier to make a drum loop in Fl Studio. So with that being said, what are some techniques i can use to make a noisia or skrillex type bass drop ?

yeah i know exactly what you need to do. you need to stop making dubstep. give up. stop writing stupid comments on UKF uploads on youtube. stop thinking that datsik is amazing. stop going to shitty dubstep raves. start listening to decent music with dynamics and emotions in it, not some bait high pitched overcompressed wall of sound gashness made for listening through cunting laptop speakers. start making music that your mum would be proud of.

honestly.

yeah i know exactly what you need to do. you need to stop making dubstep. give up. stop writing stupid comments on UKF uploads on youtube. stop thinking that datsik is amazing. stop going to shitty dubstep raves. start listening to decent music with dynamics and emotions in it, not some bait high pitched overcompressed wall of sound gashness made for listening through cunting laptop speakers. start making music that your mum would be proud of.

honestly.

O___O I love Deadmau5 and Zedd

honestly.

that is such a cuntish answer! it just sounds pretentious when people start thinking drum and bass is better than dubstep. Its all music

---------- Post added at 23:25 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

I know exactly what your talking about, but that still doesn't answer my question. I know all of that, It just how to get a drop balance well with the drums.

That wasnt even your question. What are you smoking ?

Back
Top Bottom