Ableton Live freezing!!!!

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Ableton Live is being extremely homosexual this evening!!!!!!!!

I've got to a crucial point in my new track, and I'm trying to manipulate my bass, as soon as I go to my bass channel it crashes. I've now re-opened the feckin thing numerous amounts of times, tried freezing as many channels as possible and now it's beyond a joke!

This afternoon it was working perfectly, and since then I have not added any more synth's or FX, or anything that would take up more CPU! I'm lucky if the thing will stay open for more than 30 seconds!!!

So...........WTF Ableton........WTF!!!!!!!!!!

feels good man

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

couldnt u copy an paste ur synth into a empty project file and work on it from there then paste it back into ur project?

so you have 30 seconds in ableton....
OK fire up a blank ableton doc then do what Marlok says - open the dodgy one - copy the bass into new blank doc close dodgy one.
See if the new blank doc crashes.
You might have to do this a lot and copy out all yer channels except the one that causes the crash
I feel for u man.
Good luck matey

Haha, sorry guys, just venting last night!

Run a shed load of diagnostics, restarted CPU, went to bed. Came back today and it's all gravy!

I think my PC dislikes evenings, as soon as it hits around 6 - 7pm everything seems to bog down and run slow....

Try turn off wifi. Also, run a DPC Latency checker before and after turning wifi off. Ableton is seriously buggy though, reason why I moved to Logic.

Good luck on getting it figured out, Mr. Fletch.

Hey partner... I took a look at your Soundcloud page and noticed you have quite a few tunes labeled as Dubstep when they're in fact Nuskool Breakbeat (SD on the 2&4 = Breaks all day long). Since when is anyone calling anything with the Snare on the two & four, Dubstep? Not cool at all, and it's an insult to Breakbeat imo (not your tunes mind you, calling Breakbeat tunes dubstep that is).

keep jammin

What are you implying? :p

That cracked copies cause nothing but problems

Good luck on getting it figured out, Mr. Fletch.

Hey partner... I took a look at your Soundcloud page and noticed you have quite a few tunes labeled as Dubstep when they're in fact Nuskool Breakbeat (SD on the 2&4 = Breaks all day long). Since when is anyone calling anything with the Snare on the two & four, Dubstep? Not cool at all, and it's an insult to Breakbeat imo (not your tunes mind you, calling Breakbeat tunes dubstep that is).

keep jammin

It's all sorted now. And I figured it was dubstep. Alot of Skrillex stuff (Along with other artists) has that beat, and thats classed as dubstep no?

Is your ableton a cracked version?

Refer to one of my previous posts mate, no. Both my Ableton and Massive are legit

Last edited:
It's all sorted now. And I figured it was dubstep. Alot of Skrillex stuff (Along with other artists) has that beat, and thats classed as dubstep no?

:mkay:

If it's 120-150 and it has a Snare on the 2 & 4, it is Breakbeat. Always has been, always will be, and no matter how many of these noob artists (50+% of the dubstep producers imo) mis classify a Breakbeat tune by calling it Dubstep, it will never change the fact that Breakbeat is Breakbeat. I apologize if I came off like an ass... but I can't tell you how annoyed I've been with some of the dubstep crowd calling Breakbeat tunes, dubstep because of their sheer ignorance.

It goes DnB, then Breakbeat,......... then years, years, and years, and more years of sculpting/innovation/trial&error... and 'then' Dubstep was born. Kids today make nuskool breakbeat all the time, but they put the SD on the 3 so everyone calls it dubstep even though it uses 100% of what Nuskool Breaks and DnB have been doing for the last 10+ years. Same thing with DnB, lots of guys putting the SD on the 3 and now it's "drumstep", lol.

I'm gonna hush now (see what you did : ), I'm on a Genre tangent atm

Haha, no worries mate, I respect your opinion and dont wish to argue with you.

HOWEVER ;) I cant see the justification in calling artists like Skrillex "noob"! I completely understand why many people dislike the music, but at the end of the day, the guy is making a living through his music, been signed to countless labels, sold out countless shows so to me that is not a Noob artist, a noob artist to me, is someone like me, who is still learning all the time, trying to find a style, working a mundane job to pay bills and lurking round the interwebz lol!

Cool beans, and fair enough on your assessment of what a noob is. In regard to scrillax, after a friend told me what a tool 99% of his music was, I had to see for myself. After checking out (briefly, lol... couldn't stand 90% of his work) about 15 of his '20 bazillion hit' youtube vids, I was speechless as to how anyone could think too much of him.

Lots of rap (it's obvious the guy is making his bread and butter by whoring out his beats to the highest bidder/rapper), overdone edits (most of it sounded automated and not hand crafted), truly weak sounds considering most call him, "hardcore" for dubstep, and overall just a really cheesey sound like most of the Nuskool Breaks copycats of the last 5+ years. Anyhoot, he didn't impress me. I know that sounds arrogant as can be, but... I have a feeling scrillex wouldn't know true Nuskool if it came and bit him on the arse.

In all honesty (believe me or not), I feel you've got more creative juices in your last 3 years of Prod than all of those tunes of his (that I heard on youtube) combined. I think he's a hack, but I digress.

:jamon:

Back
Top Bottom