Ableton Library Browser, no sound when clicking samples???????

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
I always used to get the samples play when i click them via Abletons library browser down the left hand side of the screen. Which is perfect when selecting drum sampples to put in my drum rack.

Now for some strange reason I'm not getting any sound from them any more? I've tried highlighting the small headphone icon next to the sample at the bottom but it's not changing anything???? Hugely annoying as I now have to drag every sample I want to hear into the arrangement view just to hear what it sounds like! Any of you know why this is? or have a quick fix? It's probably something simple I'm overlooking....

I had this issue before, the way to fix it is to install quicktime player as ableton needs a plugin from it I think

check the preview/cue volume Fletch, this is on your master channel, on the bottom right in session view, it also has a headphone icon on it. If that doesn't help I'm not sure, if you're on live 8 maybe try the live 9 beta (it works well for me, though took some doing to get all my VST's 64 bit or jbridge'd etc.)

Usually is the small button on the side of the small screen preview at the bottom of the browser window.
I don't remember if it got a headphone symbol or something else.
I don't have ableton with me right now.
But it's easy to spot, just between the detail lower window and the browser, where usually appear the groove pool.

check the preview/cue volume Fletch, this is on your master channel, on the bottom right in session view, it also has a headphone icon on it. If that doesn't help I'm not sure, if you're on live 8 maybe try the live 9 beta (it works well for me, though took some doing to get all my VST's 64 bit or jbridge'd etc.)

It was this, thanks man, i figured it'd be something simple!

Back
Top Bottom