Ableton Latency..

Summers

So iv'e just got my new yamaha hs8 monitors and a focusrite 2i2 sound card, iv'e never had this problem until now using this new equipment. When I play a track in ableton it's like a second behind, the sound glitches out and clicks also. Why is this?

Download and install the Asio4all driver then select it in Abletons preferences, that should sort your problems out (y)

Yeah, the ASIO4ALL is a life saver for sure. I've had to use it on a few set ups in the past to get my sound to work right.... but it is a last resort if your sound cards newest drivers are not working correctly.

Yeah just checked in Ableton and mines set to the 'ASIO' driver that installed with my interface, and not ASIO4ALL....sorry OP!

Dude, if you're using DirectX or Asio4All and you have a proper sound card, it basically means you're not using the sound card at all!!!

If you have the focusrite 2i2 it should appear in the drop down menu (in ableton) the option to use it as the sound card for ableton.

I think windows users have to download the drivers. Mac users have it just straight plug & play.

Back
Top Bottom