Ableton anyone?

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
I just purchased Ableton Live 6, and I'm trying to get my head around it. There's loads of stuff I can't figure out (even after reading the manual). Anyone used it, and can they give any tips?

How do you get the warp points spot on? I always get mine to what I think is spot on and then when I play back through the mix, its out quite noticably.

Also how do you turn off the default warp points on a track and keep them off? I usually turn Warp off and back on again, and they turn off, but when I place a warp point they all reappear again.

set your beats to complex 1st
you can dbl clk and they go off-the warp points ive found that if you dont go to in depth with them its better
try doing it on just your snares
im assuming your mixing tracks
also try renaming all of your tracks -sounds a little stupid but it does make a diff.
ive been using it as a rewire and a dj tool for putting together live pa its quite versatile and very user friendly
once you get the hang of it your off to the races
respect-roy:alchy:

Do you need a seperate out for your headphones on your soundcard or will it 'mix' the tune for you so all you need to do is cut and fuck with the fx? i'm having major headaches with ableton 6 (should be writing my dissertation and not playing with ableton tho :rinsed: )

Back
Top Bottom