Ableton and Dnb!?!

MeRgEd-OuT

Im trying to make Dnb in Ableton. Ive managed to make a good break with samples but im having trouble making a reece!

Ive seen videos on making them in reason but when i replicate that in ableton it sounds terrible.

Any ideas please, or is it even possible??

Im a beginner so im sticking to what ableton has to offer as i dnt know what kind of plugins to use or how to.

At the moment im just using the synthesizer operator that comes with it?

I personally use reason for all my synthesis. Then export each sample as an audio file, and import to ableton as an audio track. This can also be loaded into simpler if you want to write in midi signals. You can also process the fuck out of it using that beast.

or just rewire and you can record with out all the excess headache-wot i do
then from there you can export if you like to reprocess or use your vst plug in as you like
use the rewire man-imo well above par when both programs are used

Dude, I make DNB with Ableton Live and have a great time doing so. If you want to make a good reece then you need a VST like NI's Massive - it has a preset for Reece basses so you can take a look at how they work then make your own.

The basics are that its multiple waveforms detuned with changes in filters/attacks/lfos. Its hard to find really good tutorials on making one but keep looking online and take a look at massive.

I make my tracks using mainly ableton and massive, my first remix is being released in april and i'm just finishing a remix for rennie pilgrem so i'd testify that you can make some wicked stuff with ableton. other people who prefer cubase/fruity loops etc will say thats better but it is down to what you like and how you feel about the software. check out my tracks at www.myspace.com/jenkinsound if you've got any questions gimme a shout.

laters

Operator can do everything you need plus it has some amazing FM synth routing options that are even possibly unique.

Any one else know of a FM synth that you can change the order of the oscillators?

Meant to say that I used Live for about 3 years making drum and bass and for me its only limitation is a shit sounding audio engine, which I only really decided was true after I moved to Logic. The tools it has in it are awesome, I wish that Operator and Sampler were just like AU/VST and would work in any DAW.

Last edited:
Dude, I make DNB with Ableton Live and have a great time doing so. If you want to make a good reece then you need a VST like NI's Massive - it has a preset for Reece basses so you can take a look at how they work then make your own.

The basics are that its multiple waveforms detuned with changes in filters/attacks/lfos. Its hard to find really good tutorials on making one but keep looking online and take a look at massive.

I make my tracks using mainly ableton and massive, my first remix is being released in april and i'm just finishing a remix for rennie pilgrem so i'd testify that you can make some wicked stuff with ableton. other people who prefer cubase/fruity loops etc will say thats better but it is down to what you like and how you feel about the software. check out my tracks at www.myspace.com/jenkinsound if you've got any questions gimme a shout.

laters

Yo dude, i just checked your tracks, holy mother! that is some serious shit! nice tuneage.. Love the drumsss... B-)

Back
Top Bottom