Ableton 9.5 out!

USD $337 in a limited offer for the Standard Version, new purchase. My wallet cried a little. Just a little, because I already tried using it and it wasn't for me.

USD $337 in a limited offer for the Standard Version, new purchase. My wallet cried a little. Just a little, because I already tried using it and it wasn't for me.

i'm not sure I would recommend the standard version myself, it is a nice DAW by itself, but its the toolset and racking possibilities that get me wet lol

i'm not sure I would recommend the standard version myself, it is a nice DAW by itself, but its the toolset and racking possibilities that get me wet lol
This leaves the $700+ plus one then, right? My wallet started to cringe now... Seriously though: I visited the comparison pages between the versions and the most complete one seems too good to be true. Maybe that justifies the price.

This leaves the $700+ plus one then, right? My wallet started to cringe now... Seriously though: I visited the comparison pages between the versions and the most complete one seems too good to be true. Maybe that justifies the price.

you can get it for €449 now (today only perhaps?), which google tells me is ~$475

worth every penny! and you should get the v10 update for almost peanuts, allot less than the full price will be i'm sure

you can get it for €449 now (today only perhaps?), which google tells me is ~$475

worth every penny! and you should get the v10 update for almost peanuts, allot less than the full price will be i'm sure

I bet it is a good thing for Ableton users, for sure. I think I said before that I tried it, but couldn't get the hang of it. Might try in the future again, see if my brain unlocks "Ableton Live Mode".

will need to upgrade laptop for this it think,

anyone recommend a system?

can ableton run with Linux.. always wanted linux

will need to upgrade laptop for this it think,

anyone recommend a system?

can ableton run with Linux.. always wanted linux

it doesn't work well with Linux no, some people have messed about with it using Wine, but its not worth the effort, Linux isn't really optimized for this kind of thing anyway, I spent years playing around with various audio tools in Linux and eventually gave up, even when it works its allot of faffing about lol

I would recommend an i7 (or i5 at a push) quadcore, Haswell (double threads basically, so quadcore gives you 8 threads) and at least 8GB ram, and an SSD drive rather than a normal hard drive

I have a Dell XPS 15 with i7 quad, 16GB ram and SSD, Ableton runs beautifully, my workstation is similar specs but a full desktop CPU (4Ghz i think), and it also runs great

CPU is more important than ram once you hit 8GB, so rather than upping the ram, go for higher CPU, should be at least a Haswell, or later

Dell XPS 15 with i7 quad, 16GB ram and SSD, Ableton runs beautifully, my workstation is similar specs but a full desktop CPU (4Ghz i think), and it also runs great

CPU is more important than ram once you hit 8GB, so rather than upping the ram, go for higher CPU, should be at least a Haswell, or later

always wanted a dell.. shame i missed that black friday shit lol

Haswell?

always wanted a dell.. shame i missed that black friday shit lol

Haswell?

haswell is "5th generation", skylake is 6th, etc, you want at least Haswell so you get multi-threading, means the processor will handle twice as many threads as it has cores (one synth will use one thread, for eg, of course you can use many more synths than just 8, coz its more complicated than that)

So they finally added time-stretching to Simpler, but still no option to change root note :(

what do you mean? just transpose it...

haswell is "5th generation", skylake is 6th, etc, you want at least Haswell so you get multi-threading, means the processor will handle twice as many threads as it has cores (one synth will use one thread, for eg, of course you can use many more synths than just 8, coz its more complicated than that)

what do you mean? just transpose it...

Samplers always default to C on the piano roll, it can get confusing when thats not the pitch of the sample you are working with.

I know the Sampler in Ableton Suite lets you change the root note, not sure why they won't add it in Simpler.

Samplers always default to C on the piano roll, it can get confusing when thats not the pitch of the sample you are working with.

I know the Sampler in Ableton Suite lets you change the root note, not sure why they won't add it in Simpler.

coz they want you to buy the full Sampler in Suite lol which is actually far more powerful than Simpler

although its worth learning how to adjust the pitch manually tbh, the more you do it, the easier it becomes, and there are lots of other areas that you need it (eg dropping samples straight onto the time line)

coz they want you to buy the full Sampler in Suite lol which is actually far more powerful than Simpler

although its worth learning how to adjust the pitch manually tbh, the more you do it, the easier it becomes, and there are lots of other areas that you need it (eg dropping samples straight onto the time line)

Yeah I do often transpose samples in the timeline, but its annoying having to do that to write a melody with a sample tho.....I'd much rather just draw in the midi notes in Simpler.

Yeah I do often transpose samples in the timeline, but its annoying having to do that to write a melody with a sample tho.....I'd much rather just draw in the midi notes in Simpler.

you can transpose the sample in Simpler, so that it matches upto C if you want

(my reference to samples on the timeline wasn't really about using samples as instruments)

A note for anyone upgrading; I've had some serious issues with projects coming from 9.2 to 9.5. Hard crashes in most cases, no clue as to why theyre screwed. The only option is to carry on working on them in 9.2 unless you render out stems and start a new projetc.

no problems here so far, opening projects from 9.1 & 9.2

contact support, they are usually fast at sorting problems out

are you using any Max instruments/FX? I had to reinstall Max once I had installed 9.5

also check your VST's, disable them all (rename from .dll to .dl_) and try loading the project, if it just fails to load the VST's, then add them in 1 at a time till you find a problem, seems the most likely issue if its not max

I'm very new to Ableton / Production in general.
I recently downloaded the Demo of Ableton 9, then purchased suite a month later.
All i have been doing so far is chopping up breaks and playing around with arrangements to make some fucked up 90's sounding jungle..so I have spent most of my time around the Drum Rack...

Once I purchased Suite, the 9.5 release had happened and OMG that new sampler (or is it simpler?) that stores each Drum Rack sample is so fricken cool!
I love how much easier they made it to edit the waveform as well as being able to edit using the envelop tools for amp, pitch.freq etc...so Good!

Back
Top Bottom