Ableton 6

Shotty

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Don't know if this is the right thread so move it if it isn't...

Anyway I got ableton 6 I think the other day an before I bother installing it I was wondering if you could tell me if its worth me bothering as I haven't got the greatist laptop in the world anyway heres the spec do you guys reakon It's worth me installing??

Operating system
Genuine Windows® Vista® Home Premium Edition
Processor
Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T2370 | clock speed : 1.73 GHz | Front Side Bus : 533 MHz | 2nd level cache : 1 MB
System memory
1,024 MB | maximum expandability : 2,048 MB | technology : DDR2 RAM (667 MHz)
Hard disk
120 GB

looks almost exactly the same setup as mine and my gfs laptops, that dual processor seems like a big step forward imo
never had any problems installing any decent software on either (although i'd be wary if ur running out of space on ur hard disk)

if fresh has problems then u mite have a rough ride but there's no harm in trying, it shouldn't tear ur computer to pieces & u can always delete it

be interested to know how it goes tho, looks like an exciting piece of kit!

your specs aint too bad, better than mine atm.... should have no trouble running live

only thing thats lets you down though is vista. XP is better for audio & performance

and is ableton live 6 even compatible with vista???

Does anyone know how you find out what bit your windows vista is???? I got these from abletons FAQ's:

Windows Vista
As of Live/Live LE 6.0.9, Ableton officially supports 32-bit Windows Vista. This page should answer any questions you may have about using Live with Vista. We are continually testing and improving our software, and this page will be updated over time to provide additional information.

Can I use Live in Windows Vista?
Yes. All versions of Live 6 / Live LE as of 6.0.9 are compatible with Windows Vista.

Which versions of Windows Vista are supported?
All 32-bit versions of Vista are supported. 64-bit versions of Vista may work to an extent, but Ableton does not currently support these versions.

Which version of Windows Vista does Ableton recommend for use with Live?
There should be no differences in Live's performance between any of the 32-bit versions of Windows Vista.

Back
Top Bottom