Aardonyx - Shadow Tactics EP - Detached Audio (features a remix by me)

SteveR94

PUNK ASS JUNGLE BUNNY
VIP Junglist
Afternoon guys!

Today marks the release of Aardonyx's debut EP on Detached Audio. Now I know they don't actually post here, but I always post our releases here, and plus the EP has a remix from me, so it counts... right? :teeth:

If you enjoy the music below, buy it here: https://detachedaudio.bandcamp.com/album/shadow-tactics

I'll start off with my remix of the title track, Shadow Tactics, I'd love to see what you guys think!

The rest of their EP is as follows:

1) Shadow Tactics

2) Drift

3) Down

4) Near Miss

Cheers for listening guys, all comments welcome!

I left feedback:

"Shadow Tactics (K2T Remix)" - Wicked piano laiden House DnB vibes! The Production is really lush. Wish that Snare was down a half DB, but other than that, everything is on point. I love the huge Sub!

"Drift" - My kind of Intro! This would work so well with all of my Intelligent DnB tunes. Perfect ending to the Intro at 00:50. 1:34 - YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, IN LOVE!!!! I could cry. That Sub and Mid-Range layer is AMAAAAZING. Nuskool, baby!!! The Filter Automation on the Mid-Range layer for the Sub is perfection. Those Stabs in the background are making me want to cry tears of joy. That minor arpeggio Lead at 2:46, I like how it ducks in and out... but I wish I could hear more of it. Ahhh man, the soft Organ during the second Breakdown around 3:30ish is beautiful. I am sharing this on my Facebook feed today!! This is the best DnB tune I've heard all year. The 'only' thing missing is a spoken word vocal or a female doing some minor chords. Bravo, just bravo. :2thumbs:

"Down" - Kickass downtempo tune with tons of Industrial ideas and Techyness. This is begging for a 130-140 BPM Breakbeat remix!

"Near Miss" - Absolutely gorgeous tune like "Drift". Intelligent and Progressive DnB, I love it.

The E.P. is amazing and definitely worth a buy. My only issue is the Mastering, I wish they weren't limited so harshly, but that's down to personal taste at the end of the day. Amazing Productions, I hope they do well for both the Artist and Label. :)

I left feedback:

"Shadow Tactics (K2T Remix)" - Wicked piano laiden House DnB vibes! The Production is really lush. Wish that Snare was down a half DB, but other than that, everything is on point. I love the huge Sub!

"Drift" - My kind of Intro! This would work so well with all of my Intelligent DnB tunes. Perfect ending to the Intro at 00:50. 1:34 - YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, IN LOVE!!!! I could cry. That Sub and Mid-Range layer is AMAAAAZING. Nuskool, baby!!! The Filter Automation on the Mid-Range layer for the Sub is perfection. Those Stabs in the background are making me want to cry tears of joy. That minor arpeggio Lead at 2:46, I like how it ducks in and out... but I wish I could hear more of it. Ahhh man, the soft Organ during the second Breakdown around 3:30ish is beautiful. I am sharing this on my Facebook feed today!! This is the best DnB tune I've heard all year. The 'only' thing missing is a spoken word vocal or a female doing some minor chords. Bravo, just bravo. :2thumbs:

"Down" - Kickass downtempo tune with tons of Industrial ideas and Techyness. This is begging for a 130-140 BPM Breakbeat remix!

"Near Miss" - Absolutely gorgeous tune like "Drift". Intelligent and Progressive DnB, I love it.

The E.P. is amazing and definitely worth a buy. My only issue is the Mastering, I wish they weren't limited so harshly, but that's down to personal taste at the end of the day. Amazing Productions, I hope they do well for both the Artist and Label. :)

Always love it when you do comments, good to see kind words and critiques balanced perfectly. House DnB vibes for my remix, why thank you, and duly noted on the snare!
As for the actual stars of the EP, Aardonyx, I'm going to pass those words on to them, I think they would really REALLY love seeing those, so thank you on their behalf, I think they did incredibly well on their EP!

Thank you again for the support, If you enjoy the music, you can get it here alongside more from the label - https://detachedaudio.bandcamp.com/album/shadow-tactics

Back
Top Bottom