DnB A wicked mix from a very close friend of mine...

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist
Hai Guys!

Right this isn't something i'd normally do, but i've known this lad far too long & he refuses to get any hype around any mix he has recorded. Some of the older forum heads may remember a b2b mix I posted which was myself and him on the wheels but that was over 2 years ago now. The TL was right up my street & I know it will go down well with some people on here...so here goes.

If you listen to this please leave a comment on his SC or drop a comment here, negative or positive its all welcomed. TL below if anyone wants a DNBshare link added.

Big ups & thanks for listening.

http://dnbshare.com/download/Corden_Jan_Mix_12.01.13.mp3.html

Sunchase & Nickbee - Zoned
Clarity & Overlook - Chinatown
Detail - Hidden Room
Daughter - Youth (Hybrid Minds Remix)
Tokyo Prose - Raised By Wolves
Kodo & Tokyo Prose - The Hunt
>>Amoss - Arpia
Future Signal - Push
Insom - Fetch Down
Mikal - Frozen
Prolix - What You Need
Hydro & Halogenix - Disillusioned
Handra - Unexpected (CLS Remix)
Nymfo - Resolve
Joe Syntax - Breakbeat 98'
FD - Break & Enter
Data - The Chronicle
Dakosa - Psuedo Science
>>Hydro & Halogenix - Trieste
Dan Marshall - Jazz Creature
Sunchase - Bounce
>>Need for Mirrors - Domo
Phil Tangent - Squaring the Circle
>>Fade - Bound

Last edited:
Nice one mate, might be because I am at work, but have added the DNBshare link too. Will sort it all properly when I'm home big up your socks JHSE23. Appreciate you checking pal :2thumbs:

Checked this when Mr Corden posted this up on his FB the other day. Wicked mix, flows well the whole way through. I really enjoyed it to be honest, some tunes I didn't know in there as well which I'll be buying

just finished this bit. what can i say, nice deep stuff. the dnb i like the most. it was relly good to see not all the a-sides, but less known tracks being rinsed as well. i personally would've spiced it up with couple of better known bits (critical, dispatch, exit etc):)

Will be the next mix I listen to man, when I can get round to it. Tracklist looks nice

Wicked mate, the lad will appreciate your thoughts. Hope you enjoy this one!

Checked this when Mr Corden posted this up on his FB the other day. Wicked mix, flows well the whole way through. I really enjoyed it to be honest, some tunes I didn't know in there as well which I'll be buying

Nice one Dan, just needs a bit more self promotion on his half and people would be interested in listening to his mixes. One of the big things I like about this mix is alot of the tunes I don't have myself. Big ups for commenting mate, hope you got your 1210's sorted :2thumbs:

listening now

Big ups.

just finished this bit. what can i say, nice deep stuff. the dnb i like the most. it was relly good to see not all the a-sides, but less known tracks being rinsed as well. i personally would've spiced it up with couple of better known bits (critical, dispatch, exit etc):)

Nice one Fuuz3r. Yea pretty much my sentiment as well. The vary varied selection could have done with the odd banger in there, but think the lad has nailed alot of the mid section of this mix regardless. big ups for listening & commenting mate.

TL looks great. Downloading for my walk to work.

Oioi Skwiffy! big up your socks!

Repped where possible big up lads.

Ooo, Zoned from the start brings the depth & atmosphere to the mix for a steady step & depth charge pulse effects to build. Without looking what was coming next, the intro of the next tune blended nicely with the vocal of tune two letting me know what it was for the double. The switch back to straight back in on the mix was cool & crisp. The bounce in Chinatown vibe-ing of the steppy roll in Zoned. Whats that just bursting through, undulating aggy bass for the third tune with Hidden Room making itself know. Not heard that Detail bit before but its a beasty tune. Hints of Heavy1 bits in there :) fav mix so far. Then no time to breath before Youth rmx is in. Quality contrast of flavours between Hidden Room & Youth rmx + the switch to full effect of Youth rmx is quality & well chosen where it is. Raised By Wolves rolls in off the back of Youth rmx for the rolling liquid beats to continue. The Hunt comes in to bring some old Marcus Intelex style vibes to proceedings. The tease with Arpia was cool. Push's hooks bounced along nicely with The Hunt & loved the little switch to just growling bass in Push. Not heard that tune before or Feltch Down which brought some dark, nightmarish drones to the mix, sitting well together.

I expected Frozen - What You Need to work well off each other & they did just that. The breakdown in What You Need built for the unexpected Disillusioned to roll in & bring the underlying bass in a treat. Whats that coming in for the breakdown in Disillusioned? I'm not sure what it is without looking, but bringing it in there seems challenging & it really works, with not much to tie the beats in with. The drop does not disappoint with Unexpected rmx & sits very nicely with the second part of Disillusioned + keeping the mix of that going is a swell change to some of the mixes previously. Unmistakable rolling neuro flavours of Nymfo's Resolve pace in off the back of Unexpected rmx. Breakbeat 98 was a pleasant minor change to the tunes heard to far with some bold notes & almost mild dancefloor hooks. So nice to hear Break & Enter in another (potential) members mix. The vocals push through & bounce on the beat of Breakbeat 98, with the punchy rhythm & subtle bass in for the ride.

Also nice to hear someone play The Chronicle & its building for the breakdown of Break & Enter. More undulating subtle bass in The Chronicle sits peachy with the former tune. Has to be my third fav tune on that EP, must start playing it more really. Psuedo Science is in for the short break in The Chronicle & rumbles along for yet another quality mix. Second fav mix right there with both deep tunes vibe-ing off each other nicely. Jazz Creature eases in with some lovely piano hooks & deep bass to boot. Another 2 tunes I have not heard before, with that & Bounce. Not what I expected to hear from Sunchase, but a good easy listening tune. Domo rolls in for some subtle underlying haunting bass hooks to sit well with Bounce. Squaring The Circle brought some tail end Artificial Intelligence vibes to the mix, which sounded nice where they are. Fade was nice teased in at the end, but I felt sounded a little hectic when winding the mix down, but kept things interesting right to the end.

A really good listen right the way through. EQ'ed very well. Loved the tracklist even though I'm not a huge fan of the liquidy bits, but there were tunes I liked in there to keep me interested. 12 tunes I haven't heard before + a mixture of flavours from deep rollers / rolling liquidy bits / slighty dark & a steppy bit every now & again made for a variety of mixes. Faultless mix really & with 1 more tune that I can normally fit into an hour, fit into 45 mins without any mixes sounding rushed. I went & put a hat on just to take it off :) Stu tell your friend he needs to get himself on here

Last edited:
I went & put a hat on just to take it off :) Stu tell your friend he needs to get himself on here

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Watcha again.

Wicked stuff Mr Watcha! Love the detail!
Also love the fact I don't know quite a few tunes in here, makes it all the more interesting IMO!

He's been told to get on it, I think he owes a few thankyou's to the listeners and of course your quality feedback. Always knew his style would go down well round here its just a case of getting him to sign up!

Big ups matey, i'm sure he will appreciate your kind words!

ez

After lots of persuasion from stusmith, I thought I'd get myself on here n get chattin lol. Thank u to everyone who has listened and posted, it's very much appreciated, and hopefully more ppl will have a listen! Workin on a new mix already n guna try n get summin down wiv Stu soon. Time to check out some mixes n leave some feedback...

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom