a tune that mixes out of aztec by spor????

I like both of em 2bh, sure Aztec has been a bit over played, but i remember hearin it for the 1st time at Westfest, thort it was fat then and still think its fat now.

Are you mad?

This wouldn't feature on the majority of people's top 10's for the first 6 months of the year

that is deabtable, it's been number 1 in the dnb charts for about 3 weeks now, in all fairness.....

and there are a LOT of stupid people out there.

it's the way of the world my friend.

'behind every successful person is a pack of haters'

just the way it is.

for the record i like both sides of this release and regularly play both (y)

I'm a huge fan of Spor's and would probably go to far as to say he's my fav producer in dnb atm along with Break, Spectrasoul and a few others.

I've been following his music from when I got into dnb and have been watching it evolve and have always thought his music has been slightly lacking in recognition on the commercial front.

What I'm trying to say is I kinda feel he made Aztec to get noticed a bit more from heads who aren't that deeply involved with the scene and a dancefloor tune like this signed to a well known label has certainly achieved it.

So massive respect for the success of this tune, definetly shows the guys versatility. I personally just don't like it, no hating involved on my side whatsoever.

who gives a shit i only wanted a few ideas on how to mix it.
if you dont like it make a thread

it's the way of the world my friend.

'behind every successful person is a pack of haters'

just the way it is.

for the record i like both sides of this release and regularly play both (y)

yeah man i think their both sik, good variation for 1 plate

who gives a shit i only wanted a few ideas on how to mix it.
if you dont like it make a thread

Ok mate, I was just explaining why. Sorry for going off topic in your thread. Good luck in finding ideas on how to mix this tune. My best advice is not to ask other peoples opinions but find out yourself, trial and error goes a long way. :)

Why does everybody hate anything that's popular

Yeh that really grinds my gears lol

nah i know what ya mean mate it does my head in tbh but everyone does it a bit reckon even if ya dont mean to.. I bet you have and I know probably have aswell. Im not a psychologist but my girlfriend is so here's my psycho-analysis from what I've learnt from having to pretend to listen to her essays...

1. Ever since I was a kid popular music has not been cool and I think this is because a lot of 'pop' music is aimed at your general age group. The trouble with this is that what the older kids are listening to is obviously cooler.. so therefore programmed into you from a young age 'pop' or popular music is not cool. As you get older this then leads on to finding out about 'alternative' music which often involves an image/lifestyle of being cool i.e gangsta rap, rock, etc... So this then strengthens the idea of 'pop' being shit and alternative being cool. Then as you get older and start to mature and knock down these barriers of what's cool and whats pop a little bit of it stays with you because it's how you grew up...

As you can see i really haven't learnt much but theres my views on why this happens..

as for the aztec mix why not see what Andy C's mixing it with, then if Friction is pulling out the same mixes you know ur onto a winner :teeth:

Ok mate, I was just explaining why. Sorry for going off topic in your thread. Good luck in finding ideas on how to mix this tune. My best advice is not to ask other peoples opinions but find out yourself, trial and error goes a long way. :)

ahh, sorry dude, i wern't trying to get on ya case or anything, i have thought about this though and to be perfectly honest .....your right, i should just find out for myself shouldn't i.
i mean....i wouldn't be much of a dj if i couldn't figure out what tunes to mix by myself would i? hahaha.
cheers for the advice matey.
sorry again

PEACE!

ahh, sorry dude, i wern't trying to get on ya case or anything, i have thought about this though and to be perfectly honest .....your right, i should just find out for myself shouldn't i.
i mean....i wouldn't be much of a dj if i couldn't figure out what tunes to mix by myself would i? hahaha.
cheers for the advice matey.
sorry again

PEACE!

I've found it's actually quite a versitile tune to mix out of, seems to be in a nice accessible key and fits well with dark stuff, jump uppy stuff or mellowy stuff as long as you make the right choice

Also the main synth cuts through the mix really strongly which is always good :)

Back
Top Bottom