A track!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by vuklren08, May 23, 2008.

1. vuklren08

vuklren08 New Member

I've never made a dnb-like track before, but I think I managed quite well. I've almost only listened to Aphex Twin, Aphrodite - my style from the dark side and Kid606 that are close to it.. so give me your opinions.

I would love to hear if you think this is dnb or any other style.. and why. Thanks!

edit: just read the stickies. It's high quality vbr mp3. 7 mb. let me know if you would like smaller.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. toxysweden

toxysweden what do these knobs do?

i dont know if id call this dnb but i like it anyway big up sounds old skol :))))))

3. vuklren08

vuklren08 New Member

already a reply! you think it's too cheesy sounding to be dnb?
    I'm glad it's sounds old skol if anything.. I guess that proves what I've been listening to.. :)

4. toxysweden

i dont think its cheesey i just think the way its been produced isnt really dnb........ i mean the drum patterns ect, but i like it sound like something from before dnb but im no expert :) take what i say wid pinch of salt :)

5. vuklren08

vuklren08 New Member

mm I think see your point now. well thanks for the input. I should take more notice to it next time! Fact is I generally listen to techno/house and stuff like that. :D and lots of it. so I'm not surprised at all that the rhythms are different. If anybody else agrees then please post.. It's good to know from as many people as possible.

6. toxysweden

Well i my opinion?

I generally tend to think of dnb as most the choons weight being carried by the low end frequencys ie sub kicks,snares and the bassline oh! cant forget shakers are real important to.The other frequencies are important to but the name kind of speaks for itsself "DRUMS and BASS". i think the type music you might listen to is more 4 on the floor. and driven by old drum machine samples. and also the drum arrangement is way different. here an example of some dnb type drum programing

http://www.simonv.com/tutorials/drum_patterns.php

I like dnb because basicly its got that bad boy feel to it that most other electronic music styles dont have. I mean when i hear a good dnb choon i wanna usually destroy something nice, just for the sake of it hahahahaha (im sorry itz the madmad in me that makes me). its a kind of a cocky type of music i think. but thats what turns me on about it.

but i also enjoy listening to liquid to :)))) but not dubsteppppppp oh no plzzzzzz!

heres another link and im not sure how credible his infomation is, for example i dont agree with his comments i think hes abit of a prick but still its a real cool site to look at :))))))

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

:)))))))))))))))))))))

Last edited: May 23, 2008