A total noob question, is massive included in the standard cubase 5 package or is it

Drummer J

A total noob question, is massive included in the standard cubase 5 package or is it extra.
I was reading a thread on this forum from another user who asked how to load it:
Devices--> VST intsruments --> massive
but I just have:
halion 1
groove agent 1
& synth (which includes the following subprograms)
Embracer
Loop mash
Monologue
Mystic
Prologue
Spector

also what is scream 4?
I was watching a really cool how to video made by subfocus and they seemed to use these to applications a lot. If both these are extra $, what is a poor man's replacement?
I'm new to the game, I've been playing drums all my life and just started to get started on mixing electronic music, i'm hooked.
thanks for the info.

Re: A total noob question, is massive included in the standard cubase 5 package or is

I don't think Massive comes with Cubase. It comes with package called Komplete 7.

Re: A total noob question, is massive included in the standard cubase 5 package or is

massive is a VST plugin by native instruments, scream 4 is the distortion unit from reason, your getting your programs all confused

Not to mention the boards...

So to rephrase so that I understand:
Massive is a seperate program which is included in an application package called Komplete 7, If I get Komplete 7 I can load Massive into my cubase 5 by going to VST plugins and selecting it from cubase.
Is scream 4 also cubase compatible?
and am I completely misunderstanding anything?

Thanks for your imput guys, its really appreciated.

and junglist that's a funny signature

thanks, this has been a lot of help. Part of me wants to rush out and get it, part of me is still thinking holy fucking shit, how long is it going to take me to get through this 600page cubase instruction manual!!

Do you guys have any recomendations for learning cubase faster than using that monster manual as a guide?

Back
Top Bottom