A SNEAK PREVIEW [DUBSTEP]

everything sounds alright production wise but it has know flow to it, like if it was droped in a club i wouldn't know if i should be puttin my left foot in or shakin it all about? know what i mean?
one of the main things with dubstep imo is it needs flow, like tieing the synths and the drums together as such so they bounce off eachother

Sounds dope dude.

I disagree with the above, it does have nice flow, i think we definately need something over the top of those drums though.

ok little harsh maybe, it does have but here and there there bits which just sound a bit random to me and it pushs me away slightly

everything sounds alright production wise but it has know flow to it, like if it was droped in a club i wouldn't know if i should be puttin my left foot in or shakin it all about? know what i mean?
one of the main things with dubstep imo is it needs flow, like tieing the synths and the drums together as such so they bounce off eachother

Thanks for your quick reply! I can sort of get what you mean but what do you think that is causing that? Beat-wise? or the sometimes fast basses?

ok little harsh maybe, it does have but here and there there bits which just sound a bit random to me and it pushs me away slightly

I get you completly, this happens to me all the time myself, haha.

Think ive figured out whats not right really. The drums need to be varied a little and maybe tweak the drum samples as throughout the complete drum loop, each drum sounds too similar.
Think thats what was bugging me. lol

^^

beats fine mate, like it alot.
just some of the wobbles throw me off
but don't forget, it's my opinion, if you like em, keep em :)

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

yeah like the above said,
although the beat is fine maybe just an extra kick hear and there would be enough

as silly as it may sound i think the best way to test for flow is to get up and dance :P

haha too true
if think with your style of dubstep just try and picture megatron groovin away :P

any comments on my post would be swish

Haha, even sillier: how do you dance to dubstep?
My theorie is just making sure that when you hear the kick you lean back, and on the snare make sure your leaning forward :P

Whenever i make a beat, i loop it, gain to full, and try and skank the fuck out.
If im not feeling it, i go back to work :)

Im not keen on some of the bass wobbles, some sound out of time and too fast.

The kick roll on some of the breaks sounds tacky too, just a one kick crash and some wierd effect could work well.

sounds better mate, but i don't like the double kick when it first comes in, keep it as one, one kick there just brings it in perfectly

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

check ma post :)
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?114411-Clip-of-my-latest-track-be-free-any-thoughts

I tested it and yeah, your right. One kick makes it nicer :)

@Elements: I edited my kick rolls with a snare in the 4th bar, it sounds better now :) No need for more weird effects now :P

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

The latest version is in my signature!

Really neat, Techy tune you got here... love all the Edits on your Bass and various MidRange layers. I'd love to hear this with some bass to see if your Sub is kicking properly... sounds like there's a lot of Stereo Seperation on your Basswork in my cheap headphones. PROD sounds great other than that.

Neat tune, doesn't really go anywhere though... I'd smother it with Pads and more misc Trancey elements but that's just me.

:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom