A short production tip about finishing off your mix

I'd recommend doing this with your monitors at low volume. Especially when balancing low mids.

My mixes used to sounds so thin, because my monitors were always a bit too loud.

Good info, this essentially this is just what you should be doing anyway to mix you track.

This is where I think a lot of people come stuck - I know I did for a while (not that I actually have any tunes released haha)

The problem is that people tend to try and do everything at once, production and mix at the same time.

You should really be bouncing the individual tracks and then starting the mix process from scratch. IMO if you do this you get a whole new perspective on the track - basically what you would do if you were going to send it to a pro to mix for you.

Its all personal preference i guess - good tip either way!

i do this as a start to the mix down process / pre master stage , then bounce down the stems into 4 basics ie, Drum mix / perc mix / others ( fx ) mix / Vocals mix ( if using them ) into a separate mix down project , then adjust them as four stems also using final processing on the stems eg Kramer tape or what ever and then final bounce down to one stem at -4db or the mastering engineers chosen preference , seems long but worth it

Back
Top Bottom