A sad day

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
I enjoy researching my family history. For all of you that do not know, on my fathers side family I always thought I was Irish. As in that was the root of my American Heritage. Recently I dug a little deeper than my Irish roots and found out we are Welsh.
What the Fuck!!!

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
I´d rather be welsh than english, because englishmen are germans, fact.
I thought English where cave men conquered by Germans who got raped by Vikings and then sleep with the French? To make Anglo Saxon peoples.

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
Lol! Tying sheep to lamposts used to be the national sport before rugby took over...

Also IV do you mean your family were actually welsh before becoming irish or do you mean it in the sense that everyone on this island was considered welsh when the romans got here?

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
Not sure. They originated from some where in Worcestershire area and where a noble(possibly) family sometime before the Norman conquest. Then move to the Northern Ireland area, and eventually Canada then Chicago.

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
If I'm being honest a lot of that sort of stuff is a con I think that americans lap it up imo... People often trace their families back to round a bout the 1830s/1840's and then do a slight of hand trick and tack their family history onto one of the aristocratic families (usually by claiming a link through illegitimate children) which lets them go all the way back to the norman invasion...not that I want to piss on your dreams or anything.

What's your surname? That's usually quite a good indication if you're looking for a sense of place...

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
That is the thing I always thought I came from a family of poor, dirty, drunken Irish. It does not really matter who my Ancestors are just that I enjoy trying to track them down.
Papa Jaro have you ever researched your family history?
If I'm being honest a lot of that sort of stuff is a con I think that americans lap it up imo... People often trace their families back to round a bout the 1830s/1840's and then do a slight of hand trick and tack their family history onto one of the aristocratic families (usually by claiming a link through illegitimate children) which lets them go all the way back to the norman invasion...not that I want to piss on your dreams or anything.

What's your surname? That's usually quite a good indication if you're looking for a sense of place...