DnB \\ A Rolling Summer \\ (Calibre, Furney, Mutt, Technicolour.....)

jack2290

New mix i recorded last night, an hour of smooth uplifting rollers to compliment this lush weather. The levels could be better, need to get a new mixer as level indicators don't actually work! (excuses excuses)

Anyway take a listen, let me know what you think!

Tracklist:

Mutt - Art of forgetting - (Spearhead)
Danny Howells - September (Furney remix) - (Dig Deeper)
Calibre - Who's Singing - (Signature Records)
Technicolour & Komatic - Daydreamer - (Technique Recordings)
DJ Marky & S.P.Y - Last night - (Innerground)
Mr Joseph - Don't know why - (Telluric Recordings)
Klute - Part of me - (Hospital Records)
Fields - Foundations - (Utopia)
Technicolour - Centrifuge - (Spearhead)
dRamatic & dbAudio - Let me begin - (Liquid V)
Qumulus - Work this out - (LuvDisaster)
Calibre - Broken - (Signature Records)
Bungle - Blue - (Spearhead)
Seba - Nightrider - (Nu-Directions)
Anile - Change of direction - (Med School)
>>>> Mutt - 80's Groove - (Inside Recordings)
Break - Time after time - (Symmetry Recordings)
Original Sin & Taxman - Together - (Playaz)
Furney - I will be where you are - (Black Reflections Recordings)
Mutt - Forget - (Spearhead)
Blu Mar Ten - All thoughts are prayers (Marcus Intalex remix) - (Blu Mar Ten)

Last edited:
this was awesome mate, just my sorta selection and everything was just so clean it was really a joy to listen to. blue through to 80's groove was pure bliss for me and thanks for helping me rediscover my love for change of direction, such a good track. will be purchasing bits from this... top work geez!

this was awesome mate, just my sorta selection and everything was just so clean it was really a joy to listen to. blue through to 80's groove was pure bliss for me and thanks for helping me rediscover my love for change of direction, such a good track. will be purchasing bits from this... top work geez!

Cheers jack always good to get your feedback! Look forward to your next offering

So I gave this a spin while doing some work and was a big fan, man. This is the kind of sound I most often spin and recognized alot of the tunes in here immediately. Lots of new great tunes and some classics that took me back. Technical wise I heard a little pitch-correction every now and then but that's to be expected, so don't sweat it! Couple noteworthy things I noticed...

Intro was big. Two great tunes right there for a real good selection.

Part of Me -> Foundations was a monster mix. Was really vibing out during this point. Well played on finding those two together! Gonna have to pick up that release by Fields. Never heard of it!

Love that Qumulus tune. I keep telling people to keep their eyes peeled. Great sounds and vibes!

That whole bit from Nightrider -> Change of Direction was lovely. The soul on that bit was off the charts. The dropping of 80s Groove was unexpected, and it kinda drowned out the melody of Change of Direction, but it all worked out when you brought it back.

I was a fan of that bit afterwards with Break, Original Sin and Furney, as it kinda gave a bit more kick to the same sound, but I was not as keen on the last few tunes, there. They're good tunes, but I don't really think they did much to close out the mix. Still, overall the mix had a great feel to it, and I was definitely impressed with the way you worked old and new together. Everyone who digs some rolling liquid love should get on this immediately! Keep up the good work, bro!

So I gave this a spin while doing some work and was a big fan, man. This is the kind of sound I most often spin and recognized alot of the tunes in here immediately. Lots of new great tunes and some classics that took me back. Technical wise I heard a little pitch-correction every now and then but that's to be expected, so don't sweat it! Couple noteworthy things I noticed...

Intro was big. Two great tunes right there for a real good selection.

Part of Me -> Foundations was a monster mix. Was really vibing out during this point. Well played on finding those two together! Gonna have to pick up that release by Fields. Never heard of it!

Love that Qumulus tune. I keep telling people to keep their eyes peeled. Great sounds and vibes!

That whole bit from Nightrider -> Change of Direction was lovely. The soul on that bit was off the charts. The dropping of 80s Groove was unexpected, and it kinda drowned out the melody of Change of Direction, but it all worked out when you brought it back.

I was a fan of that bit afterwards with Break, Original Sin and Furney, as it kinda gave a bit more kick to the same sound, but I was not as keen on the last few tunes, there. They're good tunes, but I don't really think they did much to close out the mix. Still, overall the mix had a great feel to it, and I was definitely impressed with the way you worked old and new together. Everyone who digs some rolling liquid love should get on this immediately! Keep up the good work, bro!

That's some huge feedback mate appreciate it! Yeah Qumulus is sick, very underrated IMO. Glad you liked the mix!

So after a few listens I have to say it's a quality mix mate. Who's Singing >> Daydreamer was absolutely lush, I definitely have to pick up Centrifuge, such a tune! I was also glad to hear Time After Time after a long time in the mix, hugely overlooked tune imo. Anyways I will definitely stuck this to my iPod for repeat, I've discovered having a crush on liquid mixes a lot :)

So after a few listens I have to say it's a quality mix mate. Who's Singing >> Daydreamer was absolutely lush, I definitely have to pick up Centrifuge, such a tune! I was also glad to hear Time After Time after a long time in the mix, hugely overlooked tune imo. Anyways I will definitely stuck this to my iPod for repeat, I've discovered having a crush on liquid mixes a lot :)

Thanks man glad you liked it! I have to admit i overlooked Time After Time aswell, was only recently a mate off here showed me it and it was an instant favourite!

Back
Top Bottom