A question that sprung to mind about neuro

altoke

After listening to so much meaningless neuro while triyng to find good music I wondered:

Who is buying all that stuff? It definetely sells, as all the major labels have it as their primary sound...

Which is the market that buys it? Teenagers? US? Everybody excepting the people on this forum?

Please enlighten me

I wouldn’t say the majority but yeah, there are labels that are pushing this sound and there are still people cringe calling it neuro.
In my opinion, if you’re on the forum, there’s a good chance you like your drum and bass music more than ur bog stand raver. More serious fans tend to be ahead of the curve. The hate for this sub genre is relatively new and it might take the market a while to catch up with that (if at all). The same could be said for jump up tho, that went through a real hate phase and kind of did a 360 with people (not so much changing their minds) but becoming more open minded about other people’s opinions, no matter how wrong they were or how many bassman birthday bashes they could go to in one year. Think back to the teddy killerz twitter rants. That didn’t turn out that well for them.

I’m not really sure on the sub genres main demographic but it’s probably quite mixed and getting support from people of various ages and walks of life.

After listening to so much meaningless neuro while triyng to find good music I wondered:

Who is buying all that stuff? It definetely sells, as all the major labels have it as their primary sound...

Which is the market that buys it? Teenagers? US? Everybody excepting the people on this forum?

Please enlighten me
Am American, can confirm we hate it too

Please enlighten me

Russians

Dose was all over that proper sound for a few years but he's laid back on the production a bit

Other than that, there is literally no one I can think of that's regularly putting out rolling tech with proper funky basslines. One off tunes here and there at best.

Dose was all over that proper sound for a few years but he's laid back on the production a bit

Other than that, there is literally no one I can think of that's regularly putting out rolling tech with proper funky basslines. One off tunes here and there at best.

I'd say Dauntless may fit the bill of what you're looking for man, not necessarily always funky basslines but he captures the sound the way it should be done.

Drug boys and girls, people who like fast dubstep, people who are too socially awkward to go outside like me

giphy.gif

I hate neuro and am only in to the rolling tech sound and heavy liquid stuff in general.

There is some decent stuff still about, HLZ Ep on Dispatch, Enei & Kasra Ep and Survival recent stuff springs to mind, as does Black Barrel, who seems to be putting out some funky stuff.

Things have picked up again imo, was so bad couple of years back I got into Bassline House/Garage for a while (still do as well tbh) due to lack of music about.

I don't get the whole crash bang wallop style of Neuro, some of it sounds like EDM/Dubstep, and the triplet beat stuff is just so awful I can't believe anyone enjoys hearing it played out.

I hate neuro and am only in to the rolling tech sound and heavy liquid stuff in general.

There is some decent stuff still about, HLZ Ep on Dispatch, Enei & Kasra Ep and Survival recent stuff springs to mind, as does Black Barrel, who seems to be putting out some funky stuff.

Things have picked up again imo, was so bad couple of years back I got into Bassline House/Garage for a while (still do as well tbh) due to lack of music about.

I don't get the whole crash bang wallop style of Neuro, some of it sounds like EDM/Dubstep, and the triplet beat stuff is just so awful I can't believe anyone enjoys hearing it played out.

Just curious what you mean by heavy liquid. That sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom