A Question For The Americans On Here

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Alexi, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

May sound a bit odd, but would you recognise Joe Biden's voice, because I want to use a speech sample from him and was wondering how much I would have to change his voice.

I only ask this because a tune sampling John Prescott or Nick Clegg would really put me off lol.

Cheers

2. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I'm not american but I dont think the big guns at the whitehouse would lower themselves to sue you...:shades:

Johnny L survived sampling Bush...and Nelson Mandela never took Ratpack to court over that tune they did of his speech...

I think politicians (unlike wanky scouse musicians) dont want to look like tossers by suing!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  3. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

haha, I don't mean in terms of getting sued,

I mean in taking the tune seriously, like I would think it would sound really cheesy sampling a barrack obama speech

4. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

I'd be able to recognize his voice, he's a cunt.

Go on

5. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

heres a question for americans. is the general feeling over there that your own government killed your own citizens or is it really out of control conspiracy theories? from what i've seen i believe it was an inside job but i'm on the outside looking in.

6. ThePapa

Are you mad? I'm assuming you're on a wind up...

I feel sorry for educated americans who have to put up with the kind of offensive bullshit about 9/11 that we get to see on tv over here. I'd like to apologize on behalf of this country for sending our most credulous...naive and woefully ignorant people to found their country back in the 1600's. I think reason was pretty far down on the pilgrim father's list of qualities (the clever ones would never have boarded the ships!) and it still shows up in parts of their culture today.

Personally I think we should copy Buzz Aldrin who decked a twat that tried to say the moon landings were fake! Conspiracy theorists can suck my balls...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  7. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

ive spoken to 4 random americans in the past month or so, and they all belive inside job...

8. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

firey threads everywhere

and rob i dont think its fair to try and goad americans on here about it, its the same as them saying we bombed our own trains on 7/7....imo

9. ThePapa

10. Osime

Osime Official Japanese Student

I would recognise his voice, but it depends on what speech you're using. If it's some bullshit speech about nothing important, as is the VP's job to do, then this is fail.

Rob, I don't care anymore. I think it's about time everyone else stopped caring as well. Progression is not dwelling on past events that cannot be fixed. Whether or not the gov't did this as an inside job shouldn't matter. If they did it well then fuck we're fucked and should have known this for years. If they didn't well then fuck we're still fucked because we've made some pretty hostile enemies in the last 234 years.

11. ThePapa

Your nihilism scares me...

Surely whether or not a government is prepared to slaughter it's population is fairly important? Especially if you live there...

12. Osime

Embrace death. It's inevitable. However it happens you should just thank whatever killed you for either: a) bringing your sad existence to an end (which could bring up some logical implications), or b) bringing your sad existence to heaven/hell and/or their interfaith equivalents (I favour the Abrahamic idea in this case for increased relativity [assumed] among readers). It's not nihilism, it's extreme radicalist agnosticism.

:thumbsup:

This way the government, who would be in control in Papa Jaro's previous post over my death or many others, would get their praise like they wanted and I will have found the truth behind death (one of mankind's main concerns these days).

13. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

i'm not trying to cause an argument, it is something i'd like to know.

14. Osime

Well now you know how I feel then.

15. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

WUT ^ ... the truth behind death ... the truth is you die man .. thats it .. splat a fly on a window, look at the bloody smudge after and tell me theres more to it than a red smudge ... when you die , thats it ... blatently ..

on a lighter note ...

How do you execute a fictional character? .....

By nailing him to a cross.

16. DJ Spliff

DJ Spliff Never Enuff Vinyl

Can't say I would recognize Joe Bidens voice if it were used as a sample. If I'm not mistaken his voice is as bland and forgettable as most politicians.

As far as the 9/11 conspiracy attitude. I watched a shit-load of conspiracy theory shows on the anniversary this month and some of it was pretty convincing. I also watched something a wile back that was about Pearl Harbor being what they call a 'false flag operation'. There's a lot of info showing how much we knew before hand about that attack and President Roosevelt allowed it to happen in order to spur public moral to enter WW2. It's really intense to even begin to fathom our government being behind 9/11. But if they were, Osime's right about kinda being fucked.

But to answer your question Rob: I bet if you took and honest poll of the public, the majority would say they think the government had something to do with it.

17. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

Knew I shouldn't have posted this in the waffle section lol

Yeah it's more about the words he's saying than the sound of his voice, will post up a clip when it's finished

18. ThePapa

Sorry for hijacking your thread but...

Osime...agnosticism (extreme or otherwise) is not a badge to be worn with pride! The term was invented by people who had accidentally discovered a devestating truth and wanted to be able to spread it and avoid prison at the same time...it was a matter of self preservation not an intellectual achievement!

If you guys truly believed the conspiracies then surely only a revolution would be appropriate...and the end of the republican party surely?

These conpiracies are a blight on your nation and a cancer to the rest of us. We're used to a higher level of debate and respect for facts...

This video shows up the main difference between our cultures in their attitudes to truth and accuracy...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  19. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

You think the general section is tuff wait till the wafflers let loose on you my friend

20. Scatcat

Scatcat It don't mean shit

personally after that "pump it up" song i really lost interest in him.