A question About the UK underground...

Being American I can't really say for sure how the UK scene is, but just looking at the dubstep that is generated, the UK seems to push out more of the deeper, darker higher quality dubstep, while over here in America we have retards like Skrillex exploiting the scene and producers pushing out loads of robot noises. The Future Garage scene also appears to be bigger in the UK. Just some observations.

It does seem that the American scene is going mental for the likes of Excision, Doctor P, Skrillex, Bare Noize etc. They seem to be pulling insanely big crowds judging by videos and pictures. Their tours are kind of treated like a big name rock band tour? Excision had his night in New York advertised on some massive lit up billboard in Times Square :rinsed:

tumblr_lgrzpybIxA1qb5yooo1_400.jpg

why not do an article on drum n bass?

All my friends say to me "Hey you'll like this tune it's Dubstep!" and I'm just normally like nahhhhh probably won't and they play me it and I'm just like "meh" bit shit, especially when they play that doctor p sweet shop song and that hideous high pitched synth is literally raping my ears. Now I'm not one of those dubstep haters I do like dubstep but currently the UK is being flood with a load of shit dubstep and that is the dubstep that most of the dubstep kiddies like in the UK, most of them don't actually have a clue about the genre but just like it when a song goes WOMPWOMPWOMPWOMP BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRR EEEEAWWWWW. But hey the kids like it so what ya gonna do?

Check out Hot Flush, Hessle Audio, Black Box, DMZ, When In Doubt, Tectonic, bits of Tempa, Ranking, Swamp 81, Deep Medi, Soul Jazz, Planet Mu, Chestplate...

Think that's a decent spread of the whole dubstep scene and off-shoots / stuff linked to it.

ish

In my opinion the UK Underground scene is about unsigned uk hip hop artists not dubstep,. dubstep has become undescribably comersialised these days

Cool! Who is the biggest Dj there now?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Youngsta is the best Dubstep DJ in the world at the moment. He is one of few dubstep Dj's who is actually relatively entertaining to watch.
If you are going to do an article on the UK dubstep scene then please include the darker side in your article.
I find it quite annoying when people only seem to think that all dubstep has an LFO - Cutoff filtered bassline. There is more to Dubstep than Doctor P and whatever else people seem to be getting an erection over these days.

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

the new, deeper, 'dungeon sound'

This is what most dubstep used to be like man

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

What is the main aim of UK Ground if anybody tell me u know i am newbie.

Its to ensure that the British public do not fall into the ocean

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

Barely any Hip Hop MCs these days though. Everyone's on a grime thing.

Sadly. It seems to be all about faster flows and simpler lyrics these days or ketamine flows and even worse lyrics

all right mate, hope I can help you out a bit, Benga's remix of this is one of the biggest tracks in the UK at the moment, its getting airplay on the 'womans hour show' on BBC radio 4 (a highly influential show dedicated to the best in upcoming dubstep and grime), being hammered and reloaded by skream, flux pavilion, DJ levity, pm every big dubstep DJ in the UK scene... Doctor P and Terry Wogan were in my village church hall last week doing a 3 deck b2b set and this went off!!! MC Keith Chegwin busted his nut and wheeled it hard... I'll try to upload the 320 of it to youtube ASAP, atm all you can find is the original on YouTube, but even then its still sick tho...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Desire HD using Tap-a-troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom