A preview of the madness to come. Tatilla and Cutter's Choice

tuned in. I'll write as i go.

The opening synth's really sweet. I also like the teasing beats, something different from you basic hihat intro. Also the percussion sound before the beat starts is really cool.

The intro is a bit long. personally, i would've started immediately after you stopped the radio/voice sample instead of having that reese thing going. The reese bass could be fatter in terms of "sonic width" considering the ruff beats. It's not bad, but a quiet layer an octave higher could fatten it up when it's playing without the melody.

I also recognize the z3ta preset, which is not cool. ditch the arpeggiator and do some stab melody hits of your own bro, trust me. Everyone who has z3ta will recognize that.

Hmm it's a good enough track, but there's something in the mix, i cant quite get my head around to what it is... it could be the amount of distortion everywhere, or maybe too much compression that tires the ears quickly. Not sure.

In the end, the true measure of quality is the "would i listen to it again/buy it/play it out" factor, and while you've gone a long long way from the last track i listened from you months ago (a year even?), this quite doesn't get there.

But with envy i say that you've made as much progress in a year as I made in 3 years.

edit: just noticed this is a co-op... what's your contribution?

Last edited:
My personal input in terms of changes would be:

ditch the trance synth

bring the lead that played in the intro to the front and make your main melody with that

take it easy on the distortion.

Dont be afraid to disagree, especially on the melody/trance part. It's a matter of taste, mostly.

tuned in. I'll write as i go.

The opening synth's really sweet. I also like the teasing beats, something different from you basic hihat intro. Also the percussion sound before the beat starts is really cool.

The intro is a bit long. personally, i would've started immediately after you stopped the radio/voice sample instead of having that reese thing going. The reese bass could be fatter in terms of "sonic width" considering the ruff beats. It's not bad, but a quiet layer an octave higher could fatten it up when it's playing without the melody.

I also recognize the z3ta preset, which is not cool. ditch the arpeggiator and do some stab melody hits of your own bro, trust me. Everyone who has z3ta will recognize that.

Hmm it's a good enough track, but there's something in the mix, i cant quite get my head around to what it is... it could be the amount of distortion everywhere, or maybe too much compression that tires the ears quickly. Not sure.

In the end, the true measure of quality is the "would i listen to it again/buy it/play it out" factor, and while you've gone a long long way from the last track i listened from you months ago (a year even?), this quite doesn't get there.

But with envy i say that you've made as much progress in a year as I made in 3 years.

edit: just noticed this is a co-op... what's your contribution?

My contribution is the beat, editing bits out of it, intro tease bit, putting loads of things into the mixer for some EQ and such, and the rest is yet to come. It's my turn to work on the collab now after he handed it to me. I am working on making the arp from z3ta sound bit crushed and such, possibly take it out as I first thought.

And thanks man, much appreciated.

i think the reece is growling nicely and the break has a cool wooden quality to it. i think the scream and the selecta samples would be better if they were not there. other than that i agree with kama about the trancey synth. the structure seems like its a bunch of ideas waiting to be picked out and expanded upon, which in all likelyhood might be the case.

sounding good, really like the sample uses over the intro, they seem to be well timed enough.. and that reece is nasty.. drop had massiv impact.. maybe feeling the sub bass to be over-riding in the mix but could just be my monitors or my taste. i think it may just be that it is resonating. over all quite a nice rolling tune.. quality does suck from youtube tho so that could be effectin how its sounding

Back
Top Bottom