A Plugin that replicates a Bass Guitar?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Hey there,

Hope you all had a sick new years guys :)

Does anyone know of a plugin that replicates a bass guitar sound? One that does it rather well please! Alternativley any bass guitar samples? I assume I could drop them in my sampler then and have a play around :) Of course, I could do a search myself but I thought someone here may have a bit of knowledge so I don't end up downloading something hopeless.

I need it for two things really. I don't have a bass guitar myself so won't be able to record bass for my guitar orientated tracks I working on... Secondly I want to have a go at making some UK Garage or something at some point and I love the tunes with those real funky basslines :P

Any help would be cool,

Jordan

I haven't used it but theres 4Front Bass, it's got no settings though.

Also, if you've got Kontakt or even Kontakt player there should be some good bass guitars in there, I just checked mine (Kontakt 4 Player) and I've got 2 "Classic Bass" and "Funk Bass".

If you have a budget (or like piracy) try Spectrasonic's "Trillian", it costs $299,- and it's a full bass module containing all kinds of bass instruments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched that first Trillian video. It looks pretty sweet man!

I checked out 4 Front Bass though and the demo sounded good. I'm sure that will do the job just fine, cheers guys!

Anything else of interest guys, let me know! ;D

I just watched that first Trillian video. It looks pretty sweet man!

I checked out 4 Front Bass though and the demo sounded good. I'm sure that will do the job just fine, cheers guys!

Anything else of interest guys, let me know! ;D

as mentioned before, there are some bass instruments for NI Kontakt. Take a look on the Scarbee Products.

I dunno if it will be of any use but i've used this free vst called 'Raspier' before and i got some interesting sounds out of it :) the other suggestions will be much better but i just thought i'd throw that out there!

That Trillian is an animal.

What DAW are you using and what plugins do you have at your disposal?

You can also check out these freebies from TAL that are simply amazing. This man creates some WICKED synths/plugins that are free and rival many paid synths on the market. You'll find a couple presets with that clean, e-bass kind of sound. For better results, find a synth with a nice clean bass sound and then layer it with a synth that has the bass slaps and plucks.

If you're using Logic, I can direct you to some nice EXS bass sounds to get the ball rolling.

Cheers.

Slayer 2 has some bass instruments and electric guitar instruments. Sound very realistic with lots of phrasing and expressive options, I use it all the time.

Cheers for all the extra responses! :D

I will take a look at some of these plugins when I get a chance, I am working on all sorts at the moment! :P

As for my DAW I am using Cubase 4. I think its a great DAW and has all the features needed to top off a tune and that but if you are after sounds I have found it doesn't match up to others as well... I wish I had easier access to Logic at times! That has some nice sounds, including bass guitars, straight from the word go! Thanks for the offer of the EXS Patches anyways :)

Back
Top Bottom