A plugin that I can use as an insert on a audio track to automate a change in pitch?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Hey yall,

Does anyone know of a plugin, preferably free, that allows me to do this! I could have sworn I was able to do this once but I can't find a pitch shifter or nothing to use as an insert! Its on an audio track btw, otherwise I would just automate the Instruments Osc Pitch !

Cheers :)

Re: A plugin that I can use as an insert on a audio track to automate a change in pit

Hey man, found this: http://bitterspring.net/pitchshifter/ no idea how good it works but I like the idea behind it! I would suggest for you to use Apple AUPitch but I know you are part of the Windows/Cubase fam. Dunno what you are working with, but you could put your audio into a sampler and adjust pitch there too

Re: A plugin that I can use as an insert on a audio track to automate a change in pit

Wicked mate, that looks like it should do the trick! :) Thanks for sharing

Your using Cubase right?

Double click your audio sample and hit vari audio (i think it's var audio) - click pitch and warp, you can then drag the notes about from there.

on second thoughts -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkvGsyyrqNY

Oh wow that looks sick man, thanks for sharing :) Sadly though I am one version behind! Using Cubase 4.

That feature would actually be so perfect for some of the stuff I have wanted to do with vocals before too, could get some dope Burial style stuff I reckon :P

yeah for sure man

vari audio has made vocal edits so so much easier for me...upgrade!!

---------- Post added at 01:07 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

alternitivly, right click your audio then -> Process -> Pitch shift

you might wanna fiddle with some of the settings to ensure it does a smooth shift.

---------- Post added at 01:09 ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 ----------

sorry, Ctrl + Right Click on your audio

Oh man, I actually do really want to upgrade now. Like, really bad. Just for VariAudio! I watched a few more vids and it is a killer tool!

I can't upgrade though, I have to sort out cash for my car, learning to drive :) Plus, when I do get spare cash to spend on music production I think my priority now has to be spending the cash on a new machine. My laptop can't handle all the different EQs, Compressors, etc. running when I mixdown and it is actually unbearable to do a mixdown :( I often find myself bouncing down the track, making notes, opening up the tune, make guessed adjustments then bounce down again as the tune will simply not play smoothly! :( It's very painful but of course worth it :)

But yeah, cheers for the comments, I'm gunna test out the pitch shifter T:M posted tomorrow, sure that'll do the trick :) But I now want 5 or 6 so bad! :O

son of a pitch!

but seriously, that's the plugin I use, son of a pitch

Back
Top Bottom