DnB A Plea to Hospital Records

What a fucking dumb rant

I suggest you don't bother listening to albums from labels like Exit, Critical, Shogun, Metalheadz etc because you'll probably hang yourself once you realise that god forbid, every tune on the album isn't dnb.

If you were a producer would you not get bored of making solely dnb day in and day out?

Anyway, Hopsital are all about the £££ now. The days of them being a respected label releasing quality music are long gone. They can make more £££ by including a couple of dubstep songs on their artist albums and making the available digitally for the dubsteppers. Deal with it

I would suggest writing a strongly worded letter to your local authoritative figure. That'll learn 'em

What a fucking dumb rant

I suggest you don't bother listening to albums from labels like Exit, Critical, Shogun, Metalheadz etc because you'll probably hang yourself once you realise that god forbid, every tune on the album isn't dnb.

If you were a producer would you not get bored of making solely dnb day in and day out?

Anyway, Hopsital are all about the £££ now. The days of them being a respected label releasing quality music are long gone. They can make more £££ by including a couple of dubstep songs on their artist albums and making the available digitally for the dubsteppers. Deal with it

To be honest, them making money aint a bad thing, they've just branched off and are aiming at a different audience of dnb..

Dont get me wrong, wish they had the same ethos release wise as they used to or took a leaf out of criticals etc. book. but if they are releasing this type of bs then there is clearly a demand for it..

economics 101 yo..

:)

I would like to start by thanking everyone for their responses, positive and (mostly) negative. Honestly, when I posted this, I was livid, but have since cooled quite a bit and completely understand many of the sentiments you all are trying to convey. Music is music. I should just appreciate the music I like, and leave alone that which I don't, regardless of who produces it, and regardless of what that person is "known for."

I would like to make one small statement in my own defense: I didn't send this to Hospital Records, nor did I ever plan on it. It was more of a hypothetical outcry and a means to express my frustration at the situation.

Finally, I realize that I came off as childish in my outcry. In honest truth (though I am 23) I am still a bit childish in my love for DnB, and have only been actually listening to it for about 2 years now. I fully understand just how much I have to learn.

Thanks all for your help and direction :) I very much look forward to getting to know all of you, and DnB, much better!

glad to hear you put the coolers on OP! There is much better liquid than hospital anyways bro :D

What a nice young man :grouphug:

trap.jpg

Meh... I've still got the love for the NHS. Indeed they are all about the £££. And would have to agree on 2012's output so far a being a bit disappointing. It's those fecking VA compilations that get me. We Are One (Nu:Logic Remix) has to be the highlight so far and his new album was kream.

At the end of the day, you can't ask a business to stop making a profit. Just like you can't ask a record label not to sell out and make shitty EDM brostep.

Hospital is mostly shit now anyway though

Back
Top Bottom