A noob question about how to get known!

vikkijoes

So I've been producing for about 2 years now, my tracks sound good but no-where near professional. I know there is a long road ahead of me but I was asking for some advice on the next step up as I seem to know nothing outside of my bedroom. Mainly:

-How can I get more publicity? At the moment it's just my mates listening to my tracks on Soundcloud.
-In the future, how can I get DJ sets? As an amateur DJ this is a long-shot but I'd at least like to know how to get there.
-and the biggest question of all, what is the best way to get a track signed? Do I just keep firing out my tracks to record labels?

I am fully aware that all this won't happen until my tracks sound as good as I want them to and I apologize if there is a similar thread but I couldn't find one!

sooo. just make good tracks, send them out to djs, label affiliates and youtube channels, put up some sets and get them to promoters. done.

if its good, thats enough!

pretty much what groelle said
u can also post ur tunes on here in the new talent section for feedback
thats helped me alot

So I've been producing for about 2 years now, my tracks sound good but no-where near professional. I know there is a long road ahead of me but I was asking for some advice on the next step up as I seem to know nothing outside of my bedroom. Mainly:

-How can I get more publicity? At the moment it's just my mates listening to my tracks on Soundcloud.
-In the future, how can I get DJ sets? As an amateur DJ this is a long-shot but I'd at least like to know how to get there.
-and the biggest question of all, what is the best way to get a track signed? Do I just keep firing out my tracks to record labels?

I am fully aware that all this won't happen until my tracks sound as good as I want them to and I apologize if there is a similar thread but I couldn't find one!

First you have to learn how to NETWORK,talk to people not just online but have the confidence offline too,..dont just go to raves/festivals etc to get off your head ,hussle,be that if your a dj have your records in your car just incase a dj dont turn up and u have got to know the promoter and bingo they could give you a break after all the hassle u have gave them,yes this works,lisa german did this when i was working at home night club,tong didnt turn up and she took his place,fuppin smashed it and became steve lawlers resident warm up dj,she is now on ministrys books... Your find alot of guys in the scene are friends or friends of friends etc ,... How to get yourself out there is hardwork,easier nowerdays due to the net,but its swomped but it's not impossible , upload your work not just on one site,theres hundreds of soundcloud type of good traffic music sites include youtube etc in this as where ever theres traffic ,people may click and hay thats what it is all about,... why do u wanna get a track signed ... fup me ...D.I.Y it !!!! if your track becomes very sort after and u have done your own 500 press , trust me compainies will be chasing you with cheque books ,.. its very rare nowerdays that u send a track to a label and there all "wow" sign on the dotted line...
Best way for you to dj and make a name is ..... do your own night , you get to play , plus u also learn how to be a biznes person,..if you make money your night will grow,you will play to bigger crowds and hay have the dollar to pay out for names already in the scene,again when they come n play you hit them up with tracks and network ......... those that have their hands out waiting for it to happen wait alongtime,those that go for it,if focused theres no harm in saying they wont make there dream come true ....... just depends how badly u want that dream ,most give up... ?????????? youcould also enter online dj comps ,theres more n more of thewm coming around nowerdays and hay if you win you get a slot at a big rave night ,enter them all .... do regular monthly mixes inc your own work if your producing , if people who also dj and have them on your books to share your work and allow them to promote u,all djs like to think they are special n cool if they have an exculsive so use and abuse that ahahah

Last edited:
and panty is absolutely right with the networking things.

half of the things we've done yet, release and booking-wise are offshoots of us talking to people and getting to know them ;)

Back
Top Bottom