a little wip

nice one man.
the echo-ing pad in the back ground - maybe not all the time or mix it down more in places?
i like it tho m8

thanks a lot guys. was thinking 'bout that aswell.

referenced with bcee - captured in time and i think you gus are absolutely spot on. somehow the reverbs are muddying up things quite a bit.

@jim: wanted to replace that pad with a less 'rumbly' one but havent figured out the chord progression so far :D

and @nusphere: thanks a lot man, its 'just' an amen layered with the soulpride snare and a percussive loop i did myself.

big ups :)

edit: btw, that vocal is still the dry version from the remix pack, do you think it should be even bigger? with the main part playing in the breakdown, i thought it could even be more epic. thanks again for the spot on feedback!

Last edited:
Agreed that the pad has to much echo on it, tame it down a little, and maybe a little more hi end on it too. Nice melodies in here, not keen on the whit noise / rain type sound that comes in before the drop. Drum work is lovely, and the vox really compliments the track.

Like it, drums, vocal and all the melodies are great. Pad didn't sound as wrong as I was expecting from the comments, might work with a cut in the midrange somewhere? Or process the reverb seperate and cut the low mids out of that? Whatever.

Cool stuff.

Make a nice atmospheric intro with lots of shit making the pillheads feel like they're swimming in the sky inside a giant green space whale and then the whale which is all of their most precious childhood memories and then all the stars of the mind nebula become love hearts that all say "Play Time". Dead serious.

i think the vocal could be bigger, and i think fletch is correct about the rain sound - it takes away from the drop. maybe sharply fade it out right before the tune hits? anyway, sounds pretty good and mellow, and the mix is pretty good for this stage in the process. looking forward to the end result here.

thanks fellas.

thought about making the intro even longer. will redo the pad i think with less rumble and echo in the midrange and maybe even add another instruments aswell as making the vocal bigger.

:)

Can I download this? I don't know, almost makes me cry, so much emotions. I love these drums and vocals. Good mixdown, absolutely professional sound.. have to check out your further sounds, keep up the good work!

Can I download this? I don't know, almost makes me cry, so much emotions. I love these drums and vocals. Good mixdown, absolutely professional sound.. have to check out your further sounds, keep up the good work!

thanks a lot :) - and no, unfortunately not till the winner is decided. if we win its on mrsuicidesheeps label, if not well make it a chrismas present for ya ;)

Back
Top Bottom