A little rant

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that used to have a hammer
VIP Junglist
Yesterday I uploaded on my dark ambient page on soundcloud the preview of the to tracks that'll be released this month. In a matter of seconds, one like, no listen. A bot? probably yes. doesn't matter, this always happen.

But, for the first time ever, the two tracks got reposted multiple times by three different bots, all of them with the same profile picture: "Buy real soundcloud followers! Check us out!".

The thing is, I never paid for any kind of service from anyone, and I'll never will. I have a strong stance that you get your followers, plays, likes and reposts in a organic, legitimate way.

I'm worried now, because I may lose some of my legit followers because of this. From what I know, dark ambient listeners and producers are very, very sensible to those kind of things. I'm even thinking on recording a message to them and tell them I've got nothing to do with Bot A, Bot B and Bot C, and hope that my reputation isn't scratched for life.

The question is: will reporting them to soundcloud help in any way? This seem much like of what happen to those hacker/cracker groups: you arrest one group, two more appear. When is this going to end?

Soundcloud is a very good platform for amateur (like me) and semi-pro producers to publish their tracks and all, but it's getting ruined by bots. Legit work from PEOPLE being thrown in the trash by ROBOTS.

/rant.

I liked it this morning when i got home after a listen. but i felt it needs a proper listen so i can appreciate the work completely i.e once ive got a decent drink n stuff in me. see i was meant to be getting wasted as soon as i returned from work but its been deemed that i will be staying in tonight due to parental duties... do not fret however i will feedback tonight mate. when i liked it btw i was the only like outta 16 ish plays so not sure about the bot thing.

I liked it this morning when i got home after a listen. but i felt it needs a proper listen so i can appreciate the work completely i.e once ive got a decent drink n stuff in me. see i was meant to be getting wasted as soon as i returned from work but its been deemed that i will be staying in tonight due to parental duties... do not fret however i will feedback tonight mate. when i liked it btw i was the only like outta 16 ish plays so not sure about the bot thing.
I think your like was before the bot thing, mate. And that really pissed me off, you know? It seems that they are programmed to do such things to "give you a taste" of what it would be if you pay for their services. I'll probably gonna report this tonight, and hope something really happens.

i never get this... but i get random birds from Illinois or Las Vegas reposting and liking... tbh bandcamps better now IMO

i never get this... but i get random birds from Illinois or Las Vegas reposting and liking... tbh bandcamps better now IMO
I see bandcamp as a platform for "official" releases and soundcloud as something "secondary" now. All of my posts on other social sites (fb, soundcloud, youtube) direct the listener to bandcamp. I like their way of handling things, specially about the revenue you get from your albums there.

happens to me as well.it's always the first to share and usually the only, lol seems to only happen when i first upload. like it wants to be noticed.... fuckin bot whore

happens to me as well.it's always the first to share and usually the only, lol seems to only happen when i first upload. like it wants to be noticed.... fuckin bot whore
I guess it's something for you to aknowledge it's capabilities and then buy your "followers".

Back
Top Bottom