A LITTLE INSIGHT ABOUT COMPRESSION

Ncomfortable

Hello everybody !

I've been teaching audio production for the last few years and one of the topics that seems really hard to understand is : compression.

I am starting a little blog series sharing material that was originally intended for my students about compression and others tricky aspects of audio engineering.

I am trying to be as clear as possible in the explanations, have a look and let me know what you think !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thiper7vpyo1rrl/COMPRESSION.pdf…

Cheers, Nicolo

Nice little write up there, I tend to use multiband compression and glue compressors quite alot but where I can avoid them I will

Nice little write up there, I tend to use multi-band compression and glue compressors quite alot but where I can avoid them I will

Glad to hear that ! Ableton's glue compressor is a great tool especially as bus compressor more than on singles sounds imo, multiband compression is amazing but really tricky , it takes a while to use it properly.. especially because it works both in tone and dynamic ! I'll write something about limiters and particular types of compressor soon !

Nice writeup, i like it. for understanding compression it's well explained. Good job buddy.
For the video : "So did they got the spaceship?!?!"
lOl

Back
Top Bottom