A-Jay - "The information Centre" KrisisDNB

A-JAY

VIP Junglist
After a 6 month break im proud to bring “The Information Centre” back for 2012 with a weekly Sunday night show 8pm – 9pm on www.krisisdnb.com starting in April, I’ll be bringing the freshest tracks around and featuring brand new exclusive’s from north west artists and up and coming producers from around the world. The show will also feature exclusive mixes as I delve deep in the crates of the 20 years worth drum and bass I have at my disposal, so look out for some big old skool jungle, jungle techno, jump up and liquid mixes coming your way. So if you’re about Sundays from 8-9pm get locked in to “The information Centre” chat room available.

A-Jay

Starting out in 1991 playing hardcore as it was known back then, mixing stuff from the likes of Manix, House Crew, Raging Rockers, Altern 8 and Urban Shakedown from his bedroom in his then home Castletown in the Isle Of Man. Progressing technically and musically over the next 2 years the decision to move to England / Blackpool in the summer of 1993 to further his DJing career was made. After the shift from the Isle Of Man Andy ended up working pretty much on his arrival in England securing residency at the Gatsby nightclub in Preston playing Jungle techno, this night is still mentioned and seen by many in the scene as the original Jungle music movement in Preston.

Having been in Blackpool for a few months Andy hooked up with local promoters Dreamstate/Fever whose nights specialized in playing Hardcore/Jungle Techno. One thing lead to another and he eventually become resident at the these nights starting at Morecambe’s Dome venue and getting to work with the likes of Top Buzz, Nookie, Tango, Donovan Badboy Smith, Grooverider, Mickey Finn and Easygroove to name just a few.

A-Jay continued on to become a Dreamstate / Fever resident playing weekly at Sequins in Blackpool, Barristers in Preston and finally the Cooler in Blackpool which all ended up being legendary events in the north west of England. This is where he gained legendary status within the North West dance scene for his efforts and also won best DJ of 1995 in the battle of the DJ’s competition at the Temple Of Sound.

Now Based in Manchester and played regularly around the north west at the biggest venues and events including United Dance / Hysteria / Oh My God / Compulsion @ Bowlers / Dreamstate / Heavy Rotation / Decibel / Junkbox / Breakout / Subwoofah / Pick and Mix / Self Help / Temple Of Sound / Fuse / Don’t Panic / Hush Hush / Zone / Fever / Proper / Jungle Takeover / Tommyfest / Roadblock / Communication / Cape Fear / Unity / Caper and Dope in Leeds.

He has also resided for nearly 3 years with one of the world biggest drum and bass internet radio stations www.krisisdnb.com hosting “The Information Centre” show which goes out weekly on Sunday nights from 8 – 9pm. The show brings the freshest drum and bass tracks and newest up and coming producer’s material he has at his disposal. The show also boasts achieving the second highest listeners in Krisis history last year which is no mean feat from a man that’s been in the game for almost 20 years.

Production wise he dipped his toe only the once in 2010 giving a small helping hand to the mighty Dawn Raid of 36hrtz recordings on there remix of Slipmatts classic track Breaking Free which you can catch on the Randall’s Stepback series.

Along side all this Andy hosted the “Souljah Sessions” drum and bass radio show along side MC Kamakaze on 102.8 Chorley fm which was sponsored by Eastern Bloc record store for 3 years which was backed by all the main drum and bass players in the North West of England including DJ Sappo (advisory records), XTC (Valve recordings), Dawn Raid (36hrtz), S-Man (Penny Black / Unity Radio), Nikki Euphonique (Subwoofah), B52 (Hysteria) and Gloxxy (OMG Dexfactor Champion).

“I just love to bring the beats and bang the party out, I’ve been lucky enough to play for some of the biggest and best events over the years and still enjoy the music today as much as the early days , I’ve met some amazing people over the years. Big ups to the clubbers I’ve met along the way and of course thanks the promoters and artists that have given me my opportunities, support and inspiration to do my thing over the years” - A-Jay

Last edited:
First show back last week - enjoy

http://dnbshare.com/download/INFO_CENTRE_8_APRIL_2012_FIRST_SHOW_BACK.mp3.html

Gappa G - The Information Centre (Bladerunner rmx)
Bladerunner - Reaction
Power - Deep In The Jungle
Technicolour & Kromatic - Were Always One

In The Mix:
Adam F - Brand New Funk (Dj Suv Remix)
Harvest - Militant
Serum / Bladerunner - Chalice (Aries Rmx)
Vapour - Interface
LJ High - I See (VIP)
Dillinja - Play Away
DJ Hype - Dubplate Killa (Double Drop Mix)
Zen - Bass Invader (VIP)
Rowney - Meddling
Sub Zero - Your Flex
Rowney - Watch Your Back

Sub Zero - Murdersound
DP & Promenade - Forget
Frisk - Marajuana (VIP)
Agro - Servin Up

Last edited:
Taken from last nights show 15 april on krisisdnb which turned out to be a bit of a jungle special.

http://dnbshare.com/download/A-JAY-_INFORMATION_CENTRE_JUNGLE_SPECIAL_15_APRIL_2012.mp3.html

Dawn Raid (feat Pete Bouncer) - Hot In Here
John Midszt - 88mph
Concept 2 - Cause & Effect
Pascal - P-Funk (DJ Zinc rmx)

In The Mix
Rebel MC - Wardance (Serial Killaz Rmx)
Serum - Look Sharp
Bladerunner / Serum - Take It Back
Marcus Visionary - Original Artical
Dark Soldier - Dark Soldier VIP
Harvest - Evidence
Bladerunner - Feel For You
Northern Lights / Serum - Watch Out

To Finish
Sovex - Day and Night
Monolith - Artifax
Total Science - Trespass
N4M - Greazy

Taken from my krisisdnb show April 22nd

http://dnbshare.com/download/A-JAY_THE_INFORMATION_CENTRE_22_APRIL_-_DEEP_MIX.mp3.html

1.Prolix + Fats - Got to Roll
2.Dramatic + DBAudio - Seduction
3.Doc Scott - Swarm
4.N4M - Donut
5.Level 2 - Assault
6.Foreign Concept - Possesive
7.Total Science - No Justice (jubei rmx)
8.Spy + Total Science - Legion
9.Total Science - Trespass
10.Basher + Xtrah - Reflections
11.Spy - Surface
12.N4M - Badfellaz
13.LJ High - I See (vip)
14.Cybotron (feat Dillinja) - Threshold

Taken from my krisisdnb show sunday nights - enjoy

http://dnbshare.com/download/A-JAY_INFO_CENTRE_29_APRIL_2012.mp3.html

LIZ E - TIME & SPACE
LIZ E - FRED
KROME & TIME - GANJAMAN (JAYDAN RMX)