A Heart Warming Couple of Beers ...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Oct 20, 2012.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles roll
    ed into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full.. The students responded with a unanimous 'yes.'

The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand.The students laughed..

'Now,' said the professor as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things---your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions---and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.. The sand is everything else---the small stuff.

'If you put the sand into the jar first,' he continued, 'there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and mow the lawn.

Take care of the golf balls first---the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, 'I'm glad you asked.' The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of Beers ..

( and he lined the lid of the jar with acid tabs )

2. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

3. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

what a shit story, drinking jager and fucking bitches comes first, everything else is just a bonus. #priorities

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The jar of life is always full when your dirty breaks.

5. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

his bottle of jager is always half full too. light weight

6. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

cool story bro.

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

yeah really. ulitmate brool co. what are you doing tonight etkoks, arent you supposed to be out living the high life with champange caviar and bubble baths?

8. EWOKS

nope. im on super noodles tonight. wheres rich doin that music thing he does ?

9. EWOKS

you know .. the thing were not allowed to talk about on here .... the ' thing ' ... ??

10. logikz

i could go for some of the thing actually, ive been awake since last february and im starting to see shadow people

11. EWOKS

ahh the shadow people i remember them well.. the peripheral beings , used to stand behind me when id been up a week on speed, or just linger in doorways.. no matter how fast you snap ure neck around.. u didnt catch them.. but oh my .. were they there alrite!! .. its when ure sat trying to read the newspaper.. speeding ure tom jones off .. the papers upside down, and ure snapping ure head round every 5 seconds and shouting 'fuck off' to the shadow ppl .. thats when you know ure having a good ride right.. and everyone at works like.. shit man .. ure pale and muttering and talking to ureself like a schizo maybe take the day off and pixar

12. logikz

im in that very state soooo fking immature of me, but speed is utilitarian, its like a jeep when you need to cross some difficult terrain, you need long bouts of mind numbing adrenaline boost with the option to sit still and repeat the same minute movement resulting in perfectly nothing for six hour, no problem, honk this metal saw dust up the old schnozz and oblivion is a kiss away

13. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

14. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

15. EWOKS

it saddens me, that you seem to be much better with the english language, than the majority of us english .. either you read alot .. or ure actually walter softy from the beano.. and a complete nerd .. or you did an english degree! whats it gunna be

16. logikz

thank you old boy, i do read some, i still have to get that bukowski book you told me about, he really is amazing. but i guess i studied a little, you take english all the way from elementary to adulthood first of all, and i think thats more than you get in england. i didnt do that much, i i spent the summer in oxford 1996 and studied english at uni, but genraly its my only talent. english. i spoke english from when i was very young and its really the only language i can communicate in. which is a shame because they dont really speak it that much in the world today. certainly not in italy or france or germany. i mean they speak it, but if you want to go hang out, get a job and flat and a car and that, you cant just speak english. im starting to notice that even holland is like that, fking... tax and dole and police, all that is NOT in english. so either speak dutch or go fk yourself. im starting to fear my days of shouting woooooo and drinking beer are over. whats this thread about? my dialect is the best part, im pendulous between RP and american english all the time and i think people find it... unnerving, specially the brits. there is something unnerving about someone who cant decide on a dialect, its sociolinguistics.

17. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

leeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave it yeaaah.

LethalBizzle.jpg

18. EWOKS

you couldnt help ureself could you.. you addict

19. logikz

i cant, and its hard doing what i do, i cant decide if i should write whatever comes to mind or if i should filter out the smart words, people tend to resent those what use smart words. not you sam, you seem to me highly literate. which is funny, arent your dyslexic? or what was it... adhd, possibly some kind of personality disorder, i forget. personality disorder is no hindrance for intellectual brain, sometimes i think it even helps