A hardware synth you'd reccommend?

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
I want to try out a hardware synth. But which one would you reccomend?
...to be more precise, something comfortable to use (yes, I know that's complete personal preference) something good for a first time hardware synth user. Thanks :D

Depends on how much moolah ya' have to spend on it really. I've a Virus T.I. 2 and couldn't be happier with it to be honest.

You can always get 'em second hand tho'.

If you already know how to use a synth, ie if you've been producing with softsynths already, then you should definitely check out a Virus. Maybe a Virus B or C which shouldn't break the bank and they sound really great. It's maybe not a beginners synth though

Some wouldnt call it a 'proper' synth but I just bought a MeeBlip desktop module. Was only $130. Haven't received it yet but should be fun I think. Also going to order a Shruthi-1 early next year.

Some wouldnt call it a 'proper' synth but I just bought a MeeBlip desktop module. Was only $130. Haven't received it yet but should be fun I think. Also going to order a Shruthi-1 early next year.

that thing looks pretty cool.

Yeah there's a few of the smaller type synth modules about, Dave Smith Mopho looks and sounds really cool. The Shruthi-1 is actually going to be available in about 16hrs (limited run of kits), so definitely worth getting. Shruthi-1 has some cool waveforms like supersaws and stuff.

http://www.mutable-instruments.net/

Depends what your after but I had a mopho and it was awesome but its monophonic. If you want mono, go analogue, for lily I've only heard good things about the virus range. I sold my mopho for a sampler. But I just got a xoxbox :)

Back
Top Bottom