A Hard Knoxx Life Vol.8

beknoxx

7/11 7/11
VIP Junglist
So I just finished my new one and thought I would share. Took the criticism I received from the last one and tried to apply it here(Watcha). Always welcome feedback. Also have an exclusive mix from Koashy called Reckless that is in the mix. Some of you might recognize his name from posting on here. Anyway hope to get some feedback and hope you enjoy it if you listen. Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/beknoxx/a-hard-knoxx-life-vol-8

Brother - Corners(Malaky RMX)
Scott Allen - Wicked Ones
Severity Zero - Subsonic Love Song
Scott Allen and Deeper Connection - Zion Dub
Colossus - Icarus ( feat. DNBethh)
Minor Rain - Paradox (Free)
Flame - So Real
Protone and Roy Green - Shady
Protone,Pennygiles and Roy Green - Misunderstanding VIP
Mtwn - Voices
Bazil - Singularity (feat. Trichome)
Mr. Joseph and Pennygiles - Underwater City
Detail and Linden - The Limits
Bazil - Isolate
Subliminal,Alxr and Cursa - Camino (Mindmapper and Fre4knc RMX)
Detail - Time Stretching
Gamma - 2347
Quadrant and Iris - Depth Sounder
Detail and Linden - Fringe
Quadrant - Spinout
Lockjaw - Pillars Of Creation
Lockjaw - Flatline
Chase and Status - Alive (feat. Jacob Banks Mefjus RMX)
Koashy - Reckless (Exclusive)
Detail - Lost Time
Disept and Zendi - Don't Walk Away
Mikal and Nymfo - Clear
M-zine,Skepticz and Phase - Sustain
Mikal - Immaterial
War,Overlook and Mateba - Scared
Xtrah - The Base

Nobody? I mean I know the tracklists doesn't have Tubular in it and it's not 3 decks or anything but crickets?

Thanks Der.... let me know what u think after u listen. Feel free to pick it apart mang....always looking for ways to improve ya know.

Ok I finally managed to listen to this in good conditions :)

First off, after a quick look at the TL, I have a feeling am going to like this. As the first couple of titles roll out, this is confirmed, pacing is on point, only minor off key transitions get my attention on the first tracks, but nothing too distracting.

As you venture in the deeper realm of things, all works flawlessly, eq'ing, beatmatching all is in place.

Sometimes you transition unevenly for example your mix in and out of "time stretching", but for the most part all is clean and tidy and complements the quality tunes you've selected,

I'll be on the lookout for your next mix!

thanks for the listen mang.... i mean that. I always look for feedback and ways to improve on mixes so anything you give me is appreciated greatly.
As far as Keys go i have got that a couple of times before with my mixes but unfortunetely i don't even know what the Keys are. I just try to put stuff together that sounds good to me ha ha.....sometimes they turn out better then others.
as for transitions sometimes i throw traks in weird places but it's done on purpose....can't remember where i do that on here tho right off hand. I actually like the mix with Time Stretching tho.... I double dropped it and it's a double clap on a single clap which is always the harder mixes to pull of IMO and then took the trak out right when it said switch. then the mix out with 2347 again was a single clap on a double clap(even harder then the double on the single IMO). Maybe this is why the transition sounds weird..... I don't know I will go back and check it again.
If anybody else is reading this and wants to comment on the transitions the time is at 36:00 to 41:00 mark. That way you don't have to listen to the whole thing.

I will check the "time stretching" again, there is nothing technically bad about the mix in, wasn't caught by the effect that was my point, the mix out on the other hand was really good imo, but its also a matter of taste.
I do appreciate the overall tidiness of your way of handling the beats.
For the harmonic mixing part make some research via google, and you can find tracks key info on beatport for example if you want to explore that.

Main word remains go with your flow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
nah man i didn't mean anything by it at all....... i love the feedback.
I saw a chart on chemical records with the keys before and i know beatport has the keys for the songs listed...... just never really had time to match everything up by key before. Maybe I should tho huh ha ha.
Taste always plays a big part in listening to a mix. I always say the part of a mix that i may not enjoy may be somebody else favorite part.
Cheers Mang!

oh and just so u dont think im all conceited about my mixes.

I missed taking out Zion Dub on the 2nd break with Icarus.
My scratch wasn't near as good as it should have been
I cheesed Alive into Flatline and was sloppy as hell with the Lost Time mix out of Reckless
I also felt i could have did better with Don't Walk Away/Clear

Ha ha that shit had me dyin Der.....actually gonna record in the next couple of days. Got everything lined up last night.....might change the name tho.

Let me know what you think Dannyboy!

really enjoyed this mix, gave it a few listens already and can't hear any faults, really like the selection and mixing was on point. Hard for me to comment which mixes I liked because only 2 tunes I know are immaterial and the base so it was nice to have a track list that was pretty much new to me, favourite part had to be mix 28.46, what tune did you bring in there? Heavy track mate haha big up on this mix

Thanks for the listen Dannyboy! I was starting to think that Der was the only person on here that actually listened to the mix ha ha. the trak your asking about is Detail and Linden - The Limits. It's off of the Drum and Bass on Demand 2 album that came out on Demand Records....tons of good stuff on that album and most of them are on this mix if you want to check it out......came out in late December i think.

Thanks for the listen Dannyboy! I was starting to think that Der was the only person on here that actually listened to the mix ha ha. the trak your asking about is Detail and Linden - The Limits. It's off of the Drum and Bass on Demand 2 album that came out on Demand Records....tons of good stuff on that album and most of them are on this mix if you want to check it out......came out in late December i think.

cheers for that mate, will definitely be grabbing that album

Back
Top Bottom